Organization: Big Heart Foundation
Closing date: 23 Dec 2016
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE PROGRAM
Yüce Kalp Dayanışma ve Kalkınma Derneği / Big Heart Foundation is a non-profit, non-governmental organization founded in 2013 to fill gaps in the response to the ongoing conflict in both Syria and Iraq. Yüce Kalp Dayanışma ve Kalkınma Derneği / Big Heart has been operational since June 2013 providing humanitarian aid to conflict affected populations including essential food and Non-Food Item (NFI), Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Livelihoods and Education services. We specialize in the delivery of targeted and transparent aid to highly vulnerable populations in the hardest to reach and correspondingly most underserved areas of northern Syria and northern Iraq. Yüce Kalp Dayanışma ve Kalkınma Derneği / Big Heart plays a key role in leading the coordination of, and advocacy for, Syrian, Iraqi, and diaspora-led organizations responding to the crisis, and has recently launched programming in both Turkey and Iraq.
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF POSITION
The Programs Information Officer will support the Programs Department in daily tasks such as developing data and information management systems, coordinating the data entry, data treatment of information and elaboration of data reports. This position will also oversee the review and storage of all original beneficiary documentation from program sites within Syria.
TASKS and RESPONSIBILITIES
Data entry coordination
· To assist with the treatment and entry of data from the projects in Syria together with relevant Program Managers and Programs Administrative Assistants.
· To assist with the entering and treatment of beneficiary data on a regular basis and according to protocols and guidelines, ensuring accurate beneficiary databases are developed and maintained for all project activities.
· Work with the Grants Manager, Program Managers and the Programs Admin Assistants, to ensure that program data and files are accurate, complete and up to date.
· Regularly/ routinely double check of all data processed.
· Look after all documentation provided and keep recording area clean and tidy, giving special importance to all beneficiary files.
· Report any issue concerning data management to the Grants Manager in a timely manner.
· Provide accurate and timely quantitative data for all reporting purposes (donor / partner and internal).
· Lead on monthly reporting to technical working groups (4Ws) and all data-related elements of donor narrative reporting.
· Support in compiling any additional supporting, program documentation required for reporting purposes, for example beneficiary lists, verification forms etc.
· Under the supervision of the Grants Manager and working closely with the Programs Admin Assistants, ensure that hard-copy files by grant are maintained and complete for all project activities. Hard-copy program files will include: beneficiary lists, beneficiary verification forms and signed Assistance Receipt Forms in addition to any other relevant program records.
Program Data and Information Management systems
· Review existing data and information management systems and develop as necessary to ensure effective tools and processes are in place to manage program data.
· Work with the Grants Manager, Programmes Coordinator and senior program staff to design and roll-out systems to report internally on the status of program activities, beneficiary demographics and needs across Big Heart’s Area of Operation.
· Support the Program Managers in the collection of data from the officers inside Syria, including the development of comprehensive and commonly applied systems and tools to facilitate data and information exchange between programs staff in Syria and in Turkey.
· Ensure, promote and maintain confidentiality regarding all information registered, entered, filed or translated
Other Flexibility in schedules and tasks is expected from the employee, as well as following other tasks requested by Line Manager.
Languages: Very good written and oral language skills in Arabic, English a distinct advantage.
IT: Advanced computer literacy of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
Personal skills: Excellent attention to detail, proven problem-solving and communication skills; flexibility; open-mindedness; patient with a calm and proactive attitude; ability to work as an active member of a multi-cultural team
· Mininum 1 year previous working experience in a similar position
· Previous experience and / or understanding of Yüce Kalp Dayanışma ve Kalkınma Derneği / Big Heart’s Area of Intervention in Idleb, Hama and Aleppo governorates a distinct advantage. Previous work experience in the humanitarian sector is a distinct advantage.
University degree preferred.
How to apply:
The deadline for applications is Friday, December 23 2016
Interested applicants should send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org Cover Letter and CV
Please reference Prog Info. Officer – RW in the email subject line
Read more here:: ReliefWeb