Organization: Medical Care Development International
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 27 Jan 2017
Business Development Officers (2 Openings)
The International Division of Medical Care Development, MCDI was founded in 1977 with the belief that MCD’s successful approach to health systems development in the rural United States could be adapted to meet the needs of developing nations. A global non-profit organization, MCDI uses practical, evidence-based and high-impact approaches to strengthen health systems in developing countries. For almost 40 years, MCDI has worked to improve the health of vulnerable populations overseas through integrated, sustainable and locally-driven interventions. MCDI has implemented public health programs in over 40 countries aimed at targeting the world’s most vulnerable populations. MCDI collaborates with donors, national governments, the private sector, health agencies, communities and local stakeholders to improve health and save lives in the following areas: malaria control; maternal, neonatal and child health; water, sanitation and hygiene; tuberculosis; HIV/AIDS; and other communicable diseases.
MCDI is seeking a full-time, Assistant Business Development Manager and a Business Development Officer to help strengthen our Business Development department. These positions, under the direction and supervision of the Senior Business Development Manager, will play a key role in all aspects of new business acquisition at MCDI. These positions will work with business development, technical and field staff to track business opportunities and position MCDI to win new business, as well as managing the capture and development of certain proposals. These positions will also support capacity building for MCDI staff on relevant business development topics and will participate in profile raising initiatives communications materials, meetings with potential donors and partners, and external events.
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
Projected start date: Immediately
Some of the key responsibilities of these positions include:
Assist the Senior Business Development Manager and organization in showcasing and promoting MCDI’s expertise and project/country experience.
Support the Senior Business Development Manager in identifying, evaluating and tracking business development leads that leverage MCDI capabilities and position MCDI to compete effectively for new business opportunities.
Assist and support the Senior Business Development Manager in managing the capture process for proposals that MCDI determines are in its strategic interest to bid on and that MCDI is well positioned to win.
Assist the Senior Business Development Manager in managing and implementing proposal preparation and submission.
This position offers a career path to growth and development within the organization. MCDI is an equal opportunity employer and deeply values diversity, inclusiveness, empowerment and collaboration.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Master’s degree in international public health, international development, business administration or equivalent degree with relevant experience.
- 5-10 years of international health or development experience, of which 3-7 years of experience are in business development.
- Educational, academic and/or professional experience that demonstrates a high level of technical proficiency in core MCDI program areas (MCH; malaria; WASH, neglected tropical disease, M&E, etc.) would be an advantage.
- Strong writing skills and experience, particularly proposal writing that includes writing of technical sections of the proposal.
- Strong experience working in the development of complex proposals and managing donor and partner relations.
- Experience with and knowledge of regulations and policies of the US Government and non-US donors (to include the World Bank, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, UN, DFID, EU, African Development Bank, GFATM, etc.).
- Experience with capture planning, competitiveness analysis, and marketing of institutional capacities to enhance competitive position.
- Knowledge of donor priorities and trends.
- Experience in presenting and communicating project outcomes and impacts.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience with proposal budgeting and cost application development desirable.
- Strong computer skills and advanced knowledge of Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Fluency in English required; working ability in French, Spanish and/or Portuguese preferred.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship from MCDI.
How to apply:
To apply, please submit:
An updated CV,
A cover letter
A recent writing sample
A completed USAID Biodata Form (1420)
To firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to MCDI, 8401 Colesville Road, Suite 425, Silver Spring, MD 20910, attention HR by January 27, 2017.
Short listed applicants will be requested to take tests to assess computer proficiency and general suitability for the position.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb