Organization: Oxfam America
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 30 Dec 2016
Director of Technology
The Director of Technology will partner with business leaders across Oxfam America (OA) to assist in transformative changes that technology can deliver to the agency. S/he is a member of both the OA Executive Group and the OI confederation-wide IT Steering Group. S/he will have line management authority for a local team and matrix management responsibility for an Oxfam-wide technology team. They will focus on overall systems (cloud based) architecture for best-of-breed systems & applications, effective integration, security, availability, and quality.
LOCATION: Boston, MA
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Operations & CFO
DIRECT REPORTS: Manager, Shared Services Applications; Manager, IT Systems
CONVENES AND Global CIO and Oxfam International (OI) confederation-wide IT Steering Group
COORDINATES WITH: Oxfam America Web Development, CRM System Management,
Global Programs for ICT4D and grants management, Finance and customer service around public-facing systems,
Partner with business leaders across OA to assist in transformative changes that technology can deliver to the agency.
• Ensure that all staff has a high level of customer service and performance that meets critical business needs.
• Responsible for development and implementation of IT business processes and standards for OA and related contributions to the Oxfam Confederation.
• Ensure OA supports and complies with Oxfam-wide policies and systems.
• Responsible for systems architecture for all major applications; establish overall systems architecture for best-of-breed systems (mostly cloud based).
• Ensure security compliance of all systems for Payment Card Industry (PCI), HIPAA, MPL, E.U. and U.S. Data Security.
• Deliver the basic IT services in a customer friendly, IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) delivery model.
• Interface with U.S.-based technology companies on behalf of all of Oxfam.
• Manage annual budget.
• Manage performance of direct report teams and has input into goals and performance of matrixed managers.
EXPECTATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
• S/he will stay abreast of professional standards, trends and issues affecting this set of responsibilities, demonstrating continuous learning of the field.
• S/he will work effectively and collaboratively in support of building a team-based culture of work, will perform all duties appropriately for a multi-cultural environment, treating all persons with dignity and respect, and will be familiar with and committed to Oxfam America mission and goals.
• S/he will have an understanding of gender equity and diversity within key areas of responsibility and a commitment to promoting gender equity and diversity in our workplace and programs.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or engineering.
Experience and Core Competencies:
• 10 or more years of progressively responsible experience including management level responsibilities.
• Demonstrated track record of delivery of end-user applications across all screen types (phone, tablet, or laptop) regardless of the OS (iOS, Android, Windows).
• A strategic leader with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic international environment.
Experience working in or providing operational support to staff in a developing country context where bandwidth is limited or unavailable at times.
• Demonstrated senior level people management skills including high level recruitment, retention, and leading empowered leaders in a matrix.
• Mature and proactive, with evidence of having worked as a true business partner to a senior leadership team (CEO and all Vice Presidents).
• Strong systems and process design skills and experience developing a strategic vision and translating into an operational ITIL model.
• Effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong verbal and written skills and a willingness to share information.
• Collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality.
• Demonstrated creativity, with experience funding activities in ways that both cover costs and build resources for the future.
• Advanced certification levels and/or an MBA or MS.
• Non-profit board experience (in lieu of non-profit professional experience)
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb