Organization: Internews Network
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 27 Jan 2017
Reporting to the Program Finance Manager, the Program Finance Officer is a key member of a finance and admin team supporting a program portfolio providing financial expertise to assist in the successful completion of a project on budget and in accordance with the grant(s). The Program Finance manager will monitor financial aspects of a portfolio of grants including forecasting of project expenditures, compliance with applicable rules and regulations and reporting to funders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews funder award agreements to identify financial reporting and compliance requirements, such as revenue recognition, VAT-related issues, insurance or bond needs, ethics reporting, foreign currency management, etc.
- Assists with tracking and reporting of cost share and program income.
- Monitors program accounting and documentation to ensure compliance with funder requirements and Internews’ policies and procedures.
- Monitors program expenditures against budget, forecasting for planned expenditures throughout the project lifecycle.
- Responsible for timely and accurate financial reporting with funders and related accounts receivable transactions.
- Monitors field cash requests, wire transfer requests, as well as prepares monthly cash analysis for programs.
- Communicates and coordinates with program management and teams, responding to financial questions and providing mentoring and assistance as needed.
- Coordinates with field offices and grant and contract analysts on project closeout activities and award reconciliation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- 3+ years progressively complex accounting experience.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments.
- Intermediate expertise in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proven ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Ability and willingness to travel to international locations, including challenging or remote locations up to 10% of the time.
- Relevant university degree.
- Accounting Certification or advanced degree (CPA, CA, CMA, MBA etc).
- Nonprofit US Government grant funded accounting experience.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Familiarity with Unit 4 Agresso accounting software.
- Working knowledge of Uniform Guidance 2CRF200.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.
How to apply:
To apply, please visit our Career Center.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb