Organization: QED Group
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 31 Jan 2017
The Global Recruitment Manager is responsible for managing the recruitment unit and recruiting qualified candidates domestically and internationally for business/proposal development, corporate openings and ongoing projects. In view of the highly technical nature of recruitment in a variety of subject areas, the Global Recruitment Manager will collaborate closely with Proposal Teams, Practice Area Directors and Project Directors. The Global Recruitment Manager will support the QED proposal process, including coordination and contributions to personnel sections of proposals. The Global Recruitment Manager will ensure all practice areas are covered through the recruitment team.
The Global Recruitment Manager will report to the Vice President of Human Resources and Operations and supervise other recruiters.
- Manage the Recruitment team to achieve QED’s mission of sourcing, screening and selecting highly qualified QED staff and consultants and manage staff workload.
- Develop and recommend global recruitment strategies to ensure successful searches.
- Maintain talent management system.
- Coordinate with the Business Development Unit, program operations and proposal managers to develop strategic recruitment priorities;
- Develop global recruitment systems, policies, procedures, tools and templates to ensure streamlined, effective, and high quality services are delivered, with regular recruitment metrics and reporting on progress .
- Conduct and lead proposal-specific and proactive recruitment for personnel on business activities and field office positions in collaboration with proposal team and operations group. Coordinate all proposal, field and home office recruitment and assign to recruitment team.
- Identify potential candidates through advertising, databases, contacts/networks, the Internet, publications and cold calls.
- Develop and maintain recruitment database components to track consultant skills, employment history, contact information and status.
- Prepare and consolidate required recruitment background material packets to be sent to subcontractors, collaborators and individual candidates for their prompt response.
- Track receipt of recruitment documentation from subcontractors and individuals and distribute to relevant parties. Communicate clearly with proposal teams on personnel availability, location, salary requirements, dependents, and other special requests.
- Review resumes with proposal teams and program operations for field positions to select suitable candidates for QED and its subcontractors. Facilitate CV review process. Upon selection, begin the process of preparing and collecting formatted resumes, signed letters of commitment and AID 1420s.
- Conduct reference checks for potential nominees, particularly for long-term positions. Conduct salary negotiations for non-corporate positions.
- Prepare key personnel cameos and personnel skills matrices for technical proposal submissions. Assists with production of final personnel/recruitment related documents in proposals.
- Provide leadership in improving systems, processes and tools for enhanced sourcing such as building up QED’s overall database of consultants and sub databases of specialists in particular sectors and technical areas.
- Prepare posting vacancy notices of job opportunities;
- Attend conferences, career fairs, and special events to promote Company as an employer;
- Facilitate candidate selection;
- Ensure Management of recruitment e-mail box;
- Mentor and advise junior staff in recruitment procedures and best practices;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area and at least ten (10) years of international development recruitment experience particularly for positions funded by the USG and international donors (USAID, DFID, the State dept) or positions within international development contracting community.
- Must have a strong orientation to client satisfaction, an ability to foster productive team relationships, and an ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to articulate proposal/project commitments; contract compliance on contingent hires; and accurate representation of QED’s personnel benefits and donor allowances.
- Business development and proposal writing skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, strong interpersonal skills, and assertive and professional demeanor and ability to represent Company to diverse audiences;
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff in all units of the company;
- Extensive interviewing experience.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of recruitment and selection techniques and requirements of Federal Selection Guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Knowledge of recruitment compliance regulations and issues such as OFCCP and AIDAR compliance. Computer literacy, database affinity;
- Ability to prioritize tasks, organize large volume of work, perform independently;
- Ability to work under strict deadlines.
Desirable skills & qualifications:
- Appreciation for diversity.
- Foreign language skills.
How to apply:
To apply, please follow the link below, which will take you directly to the position posted on QED’s career portal:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb