Organization: Population Services International
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 21 Jan 2017
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI seeks applicants for the position of New Business Development Manager to help direct PSI’s activities in developing new business worldwide with foundations, private sector, bilateral and multilateral donors. PSI’s NBD Department offers assistance to field-based programs when responding to the US government, DFID, KFW, Global Fund, corporate, foundation, and other donor requests for proposals. The Department has annual fundraising goals typically in excess of $500 million. NBD also provides additional fundraising support to PSI country platforms facing funding shortfalls and increasingly will support fundraising for new health areas. The department also builds the capacity of PSI’s country platforms to prepare proposals.
We are looking for a manager to help us with proposal development especially with the new development trends around impact financing and investments. The New Business Development Manager is a demanding, challenging and exciting role, requiring a dynamic individual with highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, excellent writing skills, a sharp focus on details, and demonstrated experience leading teams in complex processes.
Sound like you? Read on.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing and contributing to the implementation of PSI’s strategy to engage in non-traditional financing models such as development impact bonds, flexible funding including loans and grants, and other opportunities for the monetization of assets
- Manage all aspects of proposal development related to securing funding for social enterprise opportunities by working with field and headquarters staff on enterprise design, business plan development and proposal writing
- Managing all aspects of proposal development by working with field and headquarters staff on program design, proposal writing and (on occasion) cost proposal development
- Traveling to provide technical assistance to the field programs as needed for proposal development/capacity building
- Coordinating efforts between PSI and partner organizations on specific proposals
- Expanding the capabilities of PSI staff to participate in technical and cost proposals and other business development efforts through mentoring and direct training
- Collaborating with senior management to identify and strategize on new business opportunities
- Managing relationships for a portfolio of private donors (which may include proposal writing, report writing, ongoing communications and meetings, etc.)
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of PSI’s systems for identifying, tracking, and pursuing new business opportunities, developing proposals and budgets, and managing institutional knowledge
- Liaising with PSI regional staff regarding upcoming proposal opportunities and other business development needs.
What are we looking for?
- Relevant Master’s degree (MBA, MPA, MPH, etc) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience related to international development (international health finance preferred)
- Experience in business strategy and finance
- Excellent diplomatic, negotiating and interpersonal communication capability
- Outstanding English writing skills required; all applicants must undergo a writing evaluation
- 3 years of demonstrated NBD experience with a variety of donors strongly preferred
- Exceptional problem-solving skills;
- Self-starter, able to achieve results with limited supervision;
- Developing country work experience and foreign language skills (esp. Spanish, French, and Portuguese) strongly preferred. French speakers strongly encouraged to apply.
- Understanding of social franchising/impact investing preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Level 6
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb