Organization: Internews Network
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 31 Jan 2017
The Program Associate provides communications and staff support within the President’s Office with regards to outreach, development, management, reporting and the daily operations of Internews. The Program Associate also provides support to the Sr. VP Strategic Practice on strategic outreach and annual high priority initiatives related to advancing the Internews Strategic Framework.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- For the President’s outreach, create first drafts of Board presentations, public presentations, policy papers, including conducting research and drafting correspondence.
- Support special projects for the President & Sr. VP Strategic Practice.
- Serve as a liaison to the President and Sr. VP Strategic Practice for non-senior staff.
- Draft monthly board and staff memos for the President.
- Track and draft responses for external correspondence for the President & Sr. VP Strategic Practice, particularly cultivation of private funders, academic partners and all informational inquiries.
- Draft and prepare materials for external meetings of the President, Sr. VP Strategic Practice and Senior Policy Advisor; prepare tailored briefing materials, as necessary.
- Represent Internews at formal and informal networking events.
- When requested by the President or Sr. VP Strategic Practice, meet with affiliated groups, students and interested individuals to educate them about Internews.
- Provide staff support to the Board Executive Committee & Risk Committee.
- Work closely with the Sr. VP Strategic Practice and Knowledge Manager on the implementation of knowledge management systems.
- Reach out to staff in field offices to collect documents and other program materials to be organized into a knowledge repository.
- With the Knowledge Manager, produce toolkits and other materials to disseminate program information within the organization.
- Train staff as necessary on the implementation of knowledge management systems.
- Work closely with the Senior Policy Advisor to support meeting requests and other public policy outreach opportunities.
- Schedule meetings and manage schedules, as requested, for the President, the Sr. VP Strategic Practice and the Senior Policy Advisor.
- Manage the President’s office engagement with Salesforce, including inputting new contacts collected by the President, Sr. VP Strategic Practice and the Senior Policy Advisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- 1-3 years office administration experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Intermediate-level Microsoft Office skills particularly with MS Excel, Word.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments.
- Experience with internet research.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong writing and copy editing skills.
- University degree in a relevant field required.
- Familiarity with media or development issues.
- Non-profit experience a plus.
- Language skills in one of the primary Internews languages (Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian).
- Experience with FileMaker Pro.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.
How to apply:
To apply, please visit our Career Center.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb