Organization: Social Impact
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 31 Jan 2017
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
SI is seeking a full-time Recruitment Intern to be based in our offices in Arlington, VA. The Intern will work with a hard-working and fun recruitment team under SI’s Recruitment Department and will report to the Business Development Recruitment Manager. S/he will support recruitment efforts to fill positions for ongoing programs, proposals, and positions based in the home office. Tasks will be prioritized and assigned by the Business Development Recruitment Manager in collaboration with the other Recruiters. In addition, as SI is looking to constantly improve, the Intern will have the opportunity to support internal initiatives including staff trainings on recruitment procedures, streamlining company-wide recruitment processes, and brainstorming on improvement of staffing and recruitment proposal writing.
The internship will last three months, with the possibility for extension based on performance, how well the candidate works with the team, and the needs of the Recruitment Team. The compensation for all interns will be at a rate of $10 per hour, and ideally between 35-40 hours/week.
Programs Recruitment Support
- Along with the Recruitment Assistant, work closely with the Program Recruitment Manager and programs teams to source for qualified consultants and long-term field staff for ongoing projects.
- Assist in drafting and posting tailored job advertisements with inputs from the programs teams and the Program Recruitment Manager.
- Assist in drafting tailored reference checks.
Proposal Recruitment Support
- Along with the Recruitment Assistant, assist in sourcing candidates for proposal positions.
- Assist in drafting and post job advertisements for proposal positions.
- Contribute to formatting and tailoring CVs and bioblurbs per the solicitation scope of work and position description.
- Create short-term technical assistance rosters: work closely with the proposal team on drafting the roster, source short-term illustrative consultants per the skill sets and technical areas identified, conduct outreach with consultants for inclusion on the roster.
- Draft tailored reference checks.
- Participate in interviews with all levels of technical and administrative candidates.
Home Office Recruitment Support
- Along with the Recruitment Assistant, work with the HQ Recruitment Manager to draft and post job advertisements.
- Assist in referring and sourcing qualified candidates for home office positions.
- Assist in drafting tailored reference checks.
- Assist in scheduling in-person interviews.
General Recruitment Tasks
- Collaborate with recruitment recruiters in drafting the Recruitment Manual to outline SI-wide recruitment processes and procedures.
- Maintain roster of job sources and resources.
- Conduct maintenance and upkeep of recruitment system, including uploading candidate documents, candidate correspondence, reference checks and interview notes.
- Participate in improvement of SI-wide recruitment processes and procedures.
- Respond to candidate inquiries in the Recruitment Inbox.
- Completed or anticipated university degree.
- Interest in recruitment and/or human resources, particularly within international development.
- Ability to follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Very strong professionalism and oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn new software programs quickly.
- Foreign language skills (Spanish, French) desirable.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb