Organization: World Vision
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 08 Jan 2017
Senior Vice President: International Programs Group
World Vision United States
World Vision (www.worldvision.org) is a humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 40,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Extensive domestic and international travel required.
As Senior Vice President: International Programs Group, you will lead the World Vision United States International Programs Group (WVUS-IPG) in developing, aligning and driving the strategies, capabilities, collaboration and organizational health needed in delivering strong evidence of field-ministry impact and enabling the achievement of corporate-wide fundraising goals.
The WVUS International Programs Group is a dynamic team of 200+ international relief and development professionals, technical experts and support staff’ focused on meeting and exceeding challenging goals in: resource acquisition and allocation; innovation and sharing of best practices in international relief and development programming; advocating for the needs and rights of the world’s most vulnerable, especially children; and meeting donor goals and financial and reporting requirements. These are executed in coordination and collaboration with other key stakeholders within World Vision United States (WVUS) and the World Vision International (WVI) Partnership. Based in Washington DC, the Senior Vice President for WVUS-IPG also serves as World Vision’s “ambassador” to US political leaders and the diplomatic and donor communities inside the Beltway.
· Career track record of high performance; evidenced by increasing levels of responsibility serving in complex, multi-function organizations, with demonstrated success in achieving growth and positive change.
· Successful leadership experience of multi-cultural teams and large-scale program/project strategy implementation. Senior field leadership e.g. National or Country Director; Chief of Party, Regional VP of an INGO strongly preferred.
· Evidence of being recognized by peers as an influencer within the international relief and development community.
· General staff management of a department or organization of 100+ geographically dispersed employees.
· Eight to ten years of International work and travel experience; able to meet extensive domestic and international travel requirements of the role.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (eight years) relevant experience required. Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
Key Duties Include:
Strategic Planning **- Collaborate with WVUS internal and WVI partners in the development of the overall WVUS ministry plan, including all program funding commitments.
- Oversee development and implementation of the rolling multi-year ministry plan, optimizing resource integration and alignment between WV Partnership and WVUS’ strategic priorities.
- Identify and address International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) trends impacting World Vision, with particular regards to policy, grants and field administration.
Ministry Impact – Oversee the coordination between WVUS and WVI to ensure their joint efforts support programs that result in the highest benefit for individuals and communities in need.
- In close collaboration with peers and World Vision Partnership stakeholders, develop strategies to integrate and leverage public and private resources to maximize ministry impact.
- Ensure mutual accountability exists among WVUS, WVI offices and international partners to enable a high-quality ministry and the effective and efficient use of resources that is transparently demonstrated both to program communities and to public and private donors.
- Oversee program design and funding, program contracts, government permit and waiver negotiations, and financial and narrative report filings.
- Advocate WVUS’ position on key relief and development issues.
Resource Acquisition – ***Provide leadership and strategic direction to IPG teams involved in developing and implementing resource acquisition plans maximizing the amount of cash and commodities acquired from public and private sources.*
· Build effective U.S. government partners relationships, negotiate and position WVUS for receipt of U.S. government grants, multilateral and bilateral resources and commodities.
· Initiate and support collaboration with fundraising offices to achieve Partnership objectives.
· Ensure that all fundraising areas receive support in program funding opportunities, reporting requirements and story resource for donor reports and appeals.
· Ensure proper use and distribution of U.S. government, multilateral, bilateral, donor expectations.
Financial Management – Lead the development and management of the IPG division budget.
· Responsible for achieving income goal and expense budget each fiscal year.
· Assess the use of the division’s resources to ensure that team leaders and members are acting as effective stewards and that programs/projects are operating at the highest level of efficiency.
Representation – **
· Oversee a team that develops and coordinates policy and advocacy positions on international and domestic ministry issues and strengthens relationships with key members of the Congress, their staff, and the Administration on issues of concern to World Vision.
How to apply:
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 08 JAN 2016. For more information on World Vision US,, please visit our website: www.worldvision.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb