Organization: Education Development Center
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 14 Jan 2017
EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT CENTER (EDC)
EDC is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. EDC designs, implements, and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
EDC is committed to diversity in the workplace.
The Center for the Study and Prevention of Injury, Violence, and Suicide within EDC’s Health and Human Development division has an opening for a Training & Technical Assistance Associate (II), reporting to the Senior Project Director for the Zero Suicide Institute. Zero Suicide is a comprehensive, systematic approach for health and behavioral health care systems to improve care and outcomes provided to people who are suicidal. More information can be found at www.zerosuicide.com. The Training & Technical Assistance Associate (II) will support the broad adoption and dissemination of the Zero Suicide initiative by supporting our online events and the technology which enables us to connect with our constituents, though some time may be allocated to support development and/or dissemination of other work to advance suicide prevention in health care settings. This position will split between supporting the Zero Suicide activities under the Zero Suicide Institute (ZSI) fee for service activities and the Suicide Prevention Resource Center (SPRC). SPRC is a resource center funded by the federal Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) to advance the National Strategy for Suicide Prevention through training and technical assistance (TA) to key audiences nationwide. Long term funding for this position is partially dependent on new Zero Suicide grants and contracts.
The Technology Specialist will work with our content experts in the Zero Suicide Institute and Suicide Prevention Resource Center to plan and deliver interactive web-based meetings and webinars for a diverse array of audiences, primarily using Adobe Connect and WebEx platforms. Other tasks may include online training development.
The person in this position is expected to communicate clearly and courteously; to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators, co-workers, field sites, and funders; and to work respectfully with EDC colleagues. The job requires adherence to EDC policies & procedures.
Receiving limited instruction on routine work and specific instruction on new assignments, the Training & Technical Assistance Specialist (II) participates in moderately complex projects to provide professional development training and technical assistance, including:
• research, with understanding of content area
• drafting, revising
• product testing & evaluation
• documenting & cataloguing
• maintaining records
• disseminating information
• mastering facilitation of adult learning and web-based learning
• learning about appropriate new technologies
• responsibilities on each webinar or online event may include: recommending and setting up a variety of tools to promote interactivity; managing all types of audio set-up; recording, editing and archiving the meeting
• managing customized online registration
• managing and updating all software platforms which support online events (e.g., Adobe Connect, Vimeo, MeetingOne Phone Lines, etc.)
• providing technical support for interactive conferencing and web streaming equipment and services (e.g., Adobe Connect, WebEx, etc.). The position will provide technical support, training, and documentation for webinar conference rooms
• Other duties include technical and instructional design support for staff in the creation interactive facilitation tools in an online environment
• supporting proposal work
• identifying and training experts in our webinar platforms
The Training & Technical Assistance Specialist (II)
• Contributes to building knowledge and capacity of organizations and staff
• Collaborates with subject matter experts, administrators or others to integrate specific content into technology-based products
• Facilitates project teamwork; engages collaboratively in feedback
• Offers innovation and creativity in virtual events
• Assists with quality assurance
• Provides logistical support
• Assists with troubleshooting
• May provide direction to professional and support staff
• May be expected to travel
This position requires educational achievement; excellent writing skills; demonstrable initiative, creativity, and flexibility; ability to work independently and effectively in groups; and strong interpersonal & organizational skills. Specific requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Master’s degree or equivalent combination of training and education in a related field preferred
• 3–5 years related experience in the disciplinary area, social science or public health research, teaching, training, curriculum design, consulting or administrative management, including experience with computer applications, instructional design, and Internet research
• Experience supporting online events within the Adobe Connect platform preferred
• Experience supporting online events with WebEx or other webinar platform a plus
• Experience in public health and/or suicide prevention a plus
As an EOE/AA employer, EDC does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status. EDC is a smoke-free workplace.
How to apply:
EDC, 43 Foundry Ave, Waltham, MA 02453
No phone calls, please
Read more here:: ReliefWeb