Organization: Management Systems International
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 19 Jan 2017
Web Developer— Internal, Arlington, VA
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
****Please note: U.S. work authorization is required for this position.
The Web Developer will work with to support MSI’s global portfolio of international development projects. The incumbent will primarily be responsible for developing data management systems, business process workflows, web-portals, and other Ruby on Rails based web applications. The internal web developer will focus on internal systems and must cooperate closely with internal business process teams including business development, accounting, contracts, HR, and project management. The ability to understand difficult challenges and identify efficient, effective solutions is key to the success of the Web Developer.
- Create and maintain Ruby on Rails-based web applications in collaboration with the Client Innovations team and internal staff.
- Customize and extend existing applications including data management systems, data visualization systems, portals, etc.
- Administer third-party provided tech solutions for internal business processes as necessary.
- Create, maintain, and improve data management solutions, visualizations, and products in printed and web formats
- Support multiple projects concurrently while ensuring each projects unique needs and requirements are met.
- Three to five years (3-5 years) of professional experience in web development or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- General understanding of API’s and MVC.
- Prior experience with D3 or Leaflet a plus but not required.
- Strong interest in international development and aid work.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb