Organization: Management Systems International
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 15 Jan 2017
Web Developer—Client Innovations Team, Arlington, VA
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
**Please note: U.S. work authorization is required for this position.
The Web Developer will work with the Client Innovations team to support MSI’s global portfolio of international development projects. The incumbent will primarily be responsible for developing data collection and management systems, client specific web-portals, and other Ruby on Rails based web applications. In addition, the incumbent will assist other team members with the application of technology in challenging environments and exploring new technological solutions to complex problems. This may include creating visualizations, administrating mobile data collection systems, and assisting with the implementation of other field-facing technologies. The incumbent will be required to work effectively with internal clients located in the field and HQ, funding agencies, and third parties. The ability to understand difficult challenges in the field and identify efficient, effective solutions is key to the success of the Web Developer and the CI team.
- Create and maintain Ruby on Rails-based web applications in collaboration with the Client Innovations team and field staff.
- Customize and extend existing applications including data management systems, data visualization systems, job portals, etc.
- Administer third-party provided tech solutions for field projects as necessary.
- Identify and implement technological solutions to complex challenges faced by field programs, focusing on monitoring and verification, data collection, and data management.
- Support multiple projects concurrently while ensuring each projects unique needs and requirements are met.
- One (1) year of professional experience in web development or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Experience with Cordova and/or Ionic.
- General understanding of API’s and MVC.
- Prior experience with D3 or Leaflet a plus but not required.
- Prior experience with GIS systems (QGIS, ArcGIS, etc) a plus but not required.
- Strong interest in international development and aid work.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb