Organization: Save the Children
Closing date: 05 Jan 2017
Director of Finance and Support Services – Zambia
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
As a member of the Senior Management Team (SLT) in Zambia the Director of Finance & Support Services shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office (CO). The Director of Finance & Support Services in his/her capacity will be accountable to the Country Director for overseeing the support functions – finance Award management, IT, risk management and administration services -in both emergencies and development programming contexts.
Contract Duration: 1 year fixed term
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified finance professional preferred (recognised accounting qualification such as CIMA, ACCA, CPA) with experience of operating in a global and complex organisation
- Recommended a minimum of 10 years’ senior management experience in an International NGO environment, including experience in the development of strategic and operational support services plans and their implementation in a professional work environment over a sustained period of time
- Ability to plan and organise a substantial workload that includes complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities in both development and emergency contexts
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Demonstrated credibility with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate skills in leading a multi- disciplined team through a period of change
- Leadership skills, including the ability to supervise and motivate qualified professional staff with strong personal value systems
- Analytical, decision making and strategic planning skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to supervised staff
- Team building skills
- Competent level skills in core IT applications, particularly MS Office
- A commitment to the values and principles of SC
- Experience working to developing countries
- High level of commitment to the principles of development and to the organizational and programmatic goals of Save the Children
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply:
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: ‘MKogi.firstname.lastname@example.org‘
Read more here:: ReliefWeb