Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 26 Feb 2017
Evaluation Specialist, USAID/Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity, Afghanistan
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Proposal Summary: **
MSI is preparing to bid on the USAID/Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity. The anticipated focus of the project is on providing support to the mission for its performance monitoring efforts and on conducting evaluations, assessments and special studies related to USAID projects. This is a 5 year project scheduled to begin in late 2017.
MSI is seeking a long-term Evaluation Specialist to work under the supervision of the Senior Evaluation Specialist. The candidate will be responsible for designing, managing, and coordinating work of short term consultants on numerous evaluations, assessments and special studies per year. Responsibilities include helping to design scopes of work, recruiting international and local consultants, overseeing team planning meetings and the work of consultants in designing evaluation approaches, developing data collection instruments, analyzing data and writing reports. Responsibilities also include procurement and supervision of services from local data collection firms.
- Assist Senior Evaluation Specialist in working with USAID to design and finalize scopes of work for evaluations, assessments and special studies.
- Identify staffing requirements for each assignment, develop position descriptions and assist in recruiting short term international and Afghan consultants to staff each assignment
- Work to ensure evaluation design, data collection and analysis are methodologically sound.
- Supervise data analysis from both qualitative and quantitative sources.
- Supervise consultants in preparing deliverables including reports, presentations, summaries and briefs.
- Edit and write reports as needed. Help to develop and write reports for USAID based on performance data.
- Minimum seven (7) years of international development experience.
- Demonstrated expertise working on quantitative and qualitative studies and evaluations.
- A Master’s degree in development studies, development evaluation and management, or other relevant field of study.
- Knowledge of sampling and demonstrated experience with designing surveys and other data collection instruments preferred.
- English fluency required.
- Experience in operating in complex, international environments, with multi-cultural and multi-ethnic setting is strongly preferred.
- Experience in Afghanistan or conflict environment strongly preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb