Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 19 Feb 2017
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, USAID/Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity, Afghanistan
Company Profile: MSI, a TetraTech Company, is an international development firm in the Washington, D.C., metro area with a 30-year history of helping to deliver results across the developing world. We operate in some of the most challenging political and economic climates in the world, including Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and South Sudan. MSI currently employs 800 development experts in the fields of public sector management, monitoring and evaluation, governance, and anticorruption. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is preparing to bid on the USAID/Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity. The anticipated focus of the project is on providing support to the mission for its performance monitoring efforts and on conducting evaluations, assessments and special studies related to USAID projects. This is a 5 year project scheduled to begin in late 2017.
MSI is seeking a long-term Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to coordinate M&E efforts, with a solid track-record in monitoring & evaluation and/or research. The candidate will be responsible for coordinating the work of evaluation teams, designing data collection instruments, facilitating the logistics of collecting data from sites throughout Afghanistan, analyzing M&E data, and preparing reports. Some travel outside of Kabul will be required.
- Coordinate the project’s efforts on specific M&E assignments, including for evaluations, assessments and special studies and for assignments related to performance monitoring in support of USAID’s Performance Monitoring Plan.
- Assist in developing scopes of work for those assignments and also in developing position descriptions and scopes of work for short term consultants who will carry out many of the assignments.
- Assist in finalizing evaluation designs and in developing data collection instruments.
- Aid teams of short term consultants in identifying the best ways to collect data from sites throughout Afghanistan. Help them develop data collection plans and identify ways to overcome logistical challenges. Accompany data collection teams to the field for some assignments.
- Support teams in analyzing data and drafting reports.
- Work with local data collection firms to design and manage surveys and conduct analysis to measure the effectiveness of USAID funded projects in Afghanistan.
- Assist in identifying and hiring consultants for short-term evaluation assignments.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in monitoring and evaluation of donor funded programs or in research on development related topics required.
- Experience working with USAID funded projects preferred.
- Experience in developing quantitative and qualitative instruments for data collection.
- Experience overseeing collection of data in Afghanistan required.
- Experience in data analysis and reporting.
- English fluency required. Fluency in Dari or Pashto required, preference for fluency in both Dari and Pashto.
- Afghan nationals preferred for this position.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb