Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 19 Feb 2017
Senior Monitoring and Verification Specialist, Afghanistan
Company Profile: MSI, a TetraTech Company, is an international development firm in the Washington, D.C., metro area with a 30-year history of helping to deliver results across the developing world. We operate in some of the most challenging political and economic climates in the world, including Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and South Sudan. MSI currently employs 800 development experts in the fields of public sector management, monitoring and evaluation, governance, and anticorruption. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is preparing to bid on the USAID/Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity. The anticipated focus of the project is on providing support to the mission for its performance monitoring efforts and on conducting evaluations, assessments and special studies related to USAID projects. This is a 5 year project scheduled to begin in late 2017.
MSI is seeking a long-term Senior Monitoring and Verification (M&V)Specialist, with a solid track-record leading the collection of data in international environments. The candidate will be a development professional with at least 10 years of international development experience and a solid understanding of monitoring and evaluation principles, the design of technically sound data collection instruments and preparation of data reports. Some travel outside of Kabul may be required.
- Assist in the development of a USAID portfolio-wide monitoring and verification (M&V) plan including the specific parameters of site visits, asset verification and data collection for each of the selected USAID projects and associated geographic sites.
- Implement the M&V plan through overseeing site visits to capture and analyze data in a timely and accurate manner.
- Train and supervise local staff to complete M&V work at project sites.
- Prepare report templates and supervise local staff in preparing reports from each site visit.
- Work with USAID to ensure reports are designed and delivered in a way that meets the client’s needs.
- Occasionally travel to project sites outside of Kabul to oversee or troubleshoot data collection.
- Minimum 10 years of substantive experience with M&E of donor funded projects or other data collection efforts in complex developing country environments.
- Graduate level degree, or commensurate practical experience.
- Strong experience designing data collection instruments and overseeing collection and analysis of data.
- Experience developing data reports.
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients to ensure data products meet their needs.
- Excellent English writing skills and speaking ability.
- Experience in Afghanistan or conflict environment strongly preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb