Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 01 Mar 2017
Grants Manager, USAID Obirodh—Road to Tolerance, Bangladesh
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Proposal Summary: **
The anticipated, five- year Obirodh—Road to Tolerance activity will: a) research and understand the drivers of violent extremism (VE) in Bangladesh, b) partner with local organizations to pilot countering VE activities, c) challenge the narratives of VE organizations, and d) continuously evaluate and learn in order to improve interventions. This project will be based in Dhaka. This position is open to local nationals.
The Grants Manager will be responsible for the award and day-to-day management and implementation of all aspects of the project’s grants program in close cooperation with the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), Finance Manager and MSI headquarters. This position has primary responsibility for ensuring that all grants and related procurement activities are conducted consistent with USAID and MSI policies, procedures and regulations.
- Assist in the overall design and management of all grants issued under the program.
- Ensure full compliance with the policies, practices and procedures relating to grant development, awards, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and grant close-out.
- Maintain close coordination with grantees during execution of the grants, in coordination with the CSOs to track milestones, compliance, timelines and deliverables.
- Maintain the grants tracking database and oversee accurate reporting and documentation by grantees to ensure achievement of grant and program results.
- Prepare regular reports on grantee performance and signal any significant delays or other issues that impact implementation to the program development officers, M&E specialists and DCOP.
- Provide training and support to potential grantees in the preparation of their grant applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as business administration, finance or accounting.
- Minimum of four (4) years of demonstrated expertise in developing and managing grant program activities in partnership with civil society organizations; at least two (2) years of USAID project experience required.
- Experience overseeing procurements and service contracts in compliance with donor regulations, with knowledge of USAID regulations.
- Demonstrated experience in programs requiring community-level engagement.
- Strong leadership and communication skills and ability to manage and be flexible in difficult and challenging circumstances.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Bengali.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb