Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 01 Mar 2017
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist,
USAID Obirodh—Road to Tolerance, Bangladesh
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Proposal Summary: **
The anticipated, five-year Obirodh – Road to Tolerance activity will: a) research and understand the drivers of violent extremism (VE) in Bangladesh, b) partner with local organizations to pilot countering VE activities, c) challenge the narratives of VE organizations, and d) continuously evaluate and learn in order to improve interventions. This project will be based in Dhaka. This position is open to local and regional nationals.
The M&E Specialist will report directly to the project’s chief of party (COP) and will work closely with the deputy chief of party (DCOP) and technical teams in the development of regular performance reports. The position duties include overseeing the project’s Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) and ensuring high-level quality tracking of all performance measurement indicators and reporting. The M&E specialist will be responsible for all data collection, storage and reporting and will be responsible for training data collection staff and ensuring high quality of data. The M&E specialist will also oversee the design, development and management of the project database system. The M&E specialist is also responsible for any recommendations made to adjust M&E systems and/or definitions to improve tracking systems. This is a full-time position for the life of the project.
- Oversee all aspects of the performance measurement support for the project. Ensure that all project staff have a clear understanding of the results framework, including definitions.
- Develop and update the Performance Monitoring Plan and performance indicators.
- Provide training to project staff on the PMP, the performance indicators, and how to collect the needed data from the partners.
- Write draft quarterly M&E reports for review by the COP and by MSI Technical Director.
- Build strong working relationships with the USAID mission, and projects’ partners.
- Conduct data verification and quality control exercises including data review.
- Manage the repository of tools, guidelines and reference documents for M&E and other materials.
- Supervise long-term and short-term M&E staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, development, or related field required; master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in the field of performance measurement for development project activities, preferably in conflict prevention projects.
- Previous experience developing and implementing PMPs, monitoring instruments, baseline data collection, and M&E storage systems; USAID experience required.
- Previous experience training and overseeing data collection staff.
- Previous experience working with M&E database systems.
- Excellent report writing skills in English.
- Strong leadership and communication skills and ability to manage and be flexible in difficult and challenging circumstances.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Bengali.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb