Organization: FHI 360
Closing date: 17 Feb 2017
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
The Director for Monitoring, Evaluation and Research will be responsible for the design, implementation and technical quality of all monitoring, evaluation and research activities for the anticipated USAID-fundedBurundi’s PEPFAR Program Planning. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Lead the design and implementation of the project’s monitoring and evaluation activities, including the development of the project’s Monitoring and Evaluation plan; development and monitoring of project indicators; oversight of data collection and analysis; synthesis of data and project outcomes; data quality assessments and data improvement plans;
- Lead the design and implementation of the project’s research activities, including operations research, performance evaluations, impact evaluations and rapid/special studies. Lead efforts to identify key research questions and develop studies that test innovative strategies for improving the quality and uptake of health services;
- Develop and lead implementation of strategies for institutional and individual capacity building on data collection, collation and reporting procedures;
- Build institutional and individual capacity of staff, implementing partners, government counterparts at the provincial and district levels, and other stakeholders in program monitoring and evaluation, data collection and management, data visualization, reporting and use of data for program planning and improvements;
- Oversee the dissemination of information on successful and promising approaches, lessons learned and other program results to local, national and regional-level intergovernmental bodies, donors, partners and other stakeholders. Promote forums which facilitate collaboration, learning and action among these parties as a result of this information;
- Ensure that data from the project are fed into national health management information systems and promote data use among stakeholders for learning and policy development and programming;
- Ensure research implementation adheres to FHI 360 and international policies and standards and remains technically and ethically sound. Usher research protocols through FHI 360 Internal Review Board and national external review processes;
- Monitor and maintain relevant protocols, instruments, data sets, manuals, training materials and reports;
- Oversee a team of monitoring, evaluation and research staff for the project and ensure clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained amongst the team members; and
- Contribute to work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and other reports and papers summarizing project results and evidence.
- Master’s Degree or higher in monitoring and evaluation, public health, demography, health management, social science, biostatistics/statistics, epidemiology, or a related field required;
- 8+ years’ experience in monitoring, evaluation and research efforts, preferably with respect to public health field;
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills (and mixed-methods a plus) and ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Strong skills using MS Excel Word, PowerPoint and Access, and at least one data analysis software program (SAS, SPSS, STATA) and experience training others in its use is highly desirable;
- Knowledge of information and communications technology a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies;
- Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills;
- Ability to work independently and manage a high volume work flow; and
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in French and English language.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb