Organization: Initiatives Inc.
Country: Democratic Republic of the Congo
Closing date: 19 Jan 2017
Initiatives Inc. seeks a seasoned expert in human resources for health to lead HRH initiatives under the anticipated Integrated Health Project. The Health Human Resources Advisor will be responsible for providing project leadership related to strengthening of human resources management systems and developing innovative interventions for strengthening health staff motivation and performance.
Coordinate and lead HRH workforce interventions including management strengthening at provincial, zonal and facility levels, HRIS use, HR planning and motivation and performance management, among others.
Coordinate and provide direct technical assistance to Ministère de la Santé Publique as well as provincial and zonal health teams;
Participate in national-level meetings on HRH issues;
Develop training and mentorship programs to build HRH capabilities;
Develop and test innovative methods for improving staff motivation and performance within the DRC health systems context.
Contribute to project leadership, planning, monitoring and reporting activities as required.
· Masters degree or higher in public health, business administration, human resource management, health services management, health systems strengthening or another relevant field
· Bachelors Degree in medicine, nursing or other relevant field
· Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience, including: human resources, social science research, provision of technical assistance, coordination with government ministry counterparts
· Understanding of national HRIS systems and experience guiding provincial leaders in their use.
· Demonstrated ability to work as well as part of a team
· Comfortable with significant national travel
· Excellent organization, attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines
· Strong documentation and writing skills in French with professional competency in English;
· Strong advocacy, presentation and communication skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
· Experience working with the government of the Democratic Republic of the Congo
· Experience working with USAID-supported projects
· Experience working in health programs
· Familiarity with best practices and global discourse on Human Resources for Health
How to apply:
Interested individuals should submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb