Organization: Beyond Violence
Closing date: 10 Feb 2017
Fund Raising Manager
Are you an experienced non-profit fund raiser? Are you eager to share your experience with us? Are you diligent, organized and do you have ideas about how to develop our programs? Are you not afraid to take on responsibility? Do you have a passion for combating violence in the world bit by bit as part of a global movement? Then Beyond Violence is precisely the organization for you!
Beyond Violence (BV) is centered around a web platform which seeks to engage people across countries and continents in the promotion of non-violent conflict transformation. Through online petitions, forum discussions, digital conferences, and much more, we are impacting decision-makers and key local actors to put down weapons and solve conflict through negotiation and dialogue.
· Research fundraising opportunities and write grant applications.
· Create and execute a strategy for a large, sustained base of grants.
· Research and Identify new funding opportunities and work with the Finance manager in the the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets and determining the cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
· Work with the Leadership Team on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships on as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts.
· Coordinate with the Finance Manager in all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
· Masters in Development, Management, Finance or related field.
· Proven track record of raising funds and writing successful grant proposals
· Experience in identifying, securing and shepherding both large and small grants.
· Experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in the nonprofit sector
· Experience in UNESCO, USAID, World Bank, Large Foundation, etc granting processes highly desired.
· Enthusiasm for non-violent solutions to conflicts.
· Flexibility and willingness to work in a remote capacity with a diverse range of partners spread all over the world.
Important note: this is a voluntary, unpaid position with work being carried out remotely via e-mail, Skype, WhatsApp, et cetera.
How to apply:
To apply submit your CV and Cover Letter. Include “Fund Raising Manager 2017” in the subject line.
Contact person: David Fernandes, Administration Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more here:: ReliefWeb