Organization: International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.
Closing date: 03 Feb 2017
The purpose of this six-month Task Order is to strengthen the institutional and human capacity of the Societe Nationale Des Parcs Industriels / National Industrial Parks Management Office, herein after referred to as (SONAPI). The goal of this project is to increase overall performance of SONAPI in a manner that fosters sustainability and improves Haiti’s overall development outcomes. The HICD Task Order will ultimately contribute to employment generation in the garment industry, by supporting SONAPI in setting a suitable environment that will attract private investments in the sector.
Position Description: IBTCI seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist to assist in implementation of the HICD project, working closely with the Team Leader and other team members. S/he shall have knowledge and experience in performance and impact evaluation designs, methodologies and practical applications, including baseline data collection methodologies. Senior Evaluation Specialist will be based out of Port-au-Prince and will travel throughout Haiti.
- Provide expert technical advice and assistance related to M&E and its function related to development funded activities, in general, and Haiti, in particular.
- Review and analyze programs and activities and recommend methodologies for evaluations and the delivery of evaluation products relating to SONAPI.
- Participate in progress reports, draft and final assessment/completion reports and PSP.
- The M&E Specialist will be responsible for supporting all activities related to evaluation services and for ensuring production and completion of quality reports.
- S/He must have expertise on monitoring and evaluation related to the technical areas;
- At least 5 years of relevant prior experience conducting developmental evaluations and monitoring projects and programs in Haiti;
- At least 3 years of project management experience is preferred,
- Familiarity with USAID’s objectives, approaches and operations, particularly as they relate to monitoring and evaluations is a plus.
- Bachelor’s university degree in development or a related development field, such as Economics, Evaluation Sciences, Political Science, Public Administration, Business Administration, or other discipline related to development assistance required.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Formal training in monitoring and evaluation is preferred.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
- Proficiency in written and spoken French is required.
- Fluency in Haitian Creole is preferred.
Company Profile: International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has implemented over 200 projects and has worked in over 100 countries, including conflict and post-conflict zones. IBTCI has served governments, private sector companies and donor agencies in the practice area of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including health, education, economic growth, and democracy & governance.
Share on your newsfeed
Working Conditions: Work is performed in a typical corporate office environment.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to twenty five pounds.
How to apply:
No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination of race, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. We are an E-verify employer.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb