Organization: Parenting in Africa
Closing date: 29 Jan 2017
Parenting in Africa Network (PAN) is a Pan-African Network of organizations, individuals and institutions keen to promote ‘skilful’ parenting practices in Africa for the overall wellbeing of children and their families. The network creates and facilitates interactive platforms for learning, sharing and also indulges in advocacy of various topical issues surrounding parenting. To date, PAN has successfully managed to build and disseminate knowledge on various aspects of parenting in Africa.
The family forms the most important structure where children are shaped and prepared to face the external world. As noted in the declarations of the 27th sessions of the UN General Assembly; ‘The primary responsibility for the protection, upbringing and development of children rests with the family.1 Thus, parenting is a very important ingredient in molding behaviour and imparting social skills during the formative years, necessary in instilling morals, self-discipline and responsibilities in children.
In light of the above, PAN in 2014 developed a parenting guideline that could be adopted to context. The guideline addressed nine topics namely: Parenting Skills, Child Protection, Child Development, Father Involvement in Parenting, Communication Skills, Discipline and Character formation, Involving Children in Decision Making, Resolving conflicts in families and life Skills.
PAN is in the process of developing a Skilful Parenting Work Book from the existing parenting guideline and would therefore like to hire a reliable printing firm.
2.0 Key Deliverables**
The following will be the key deliverables during this assignment;
- Task: Format, design and print PAN’s Skilful Parenting Work Book
- Colour: Full colour Print
- Size: A4
- Paper Grammage: Cover Page: Artmatt 250 gsm cover, Inside pages: 135 gsm
- Finish: Matt laminated
- Binding: Wire binding
- No of Pages: Approximately 100 pages
- Quantity: Quantities could vary from 100 -1,000 copies
To be considered for this opportunity, interested contractor will be expected to provide:
· Proof of company registration.
· Proof of tax registration and payment.
· A company profile including a copy of the company’s audited accounts for the last two years.
· Examples of previous work that indicates ability to consistently produce high quality, attractive and professionally finished products. Experience with printing work books is desired but not essential.
· Information, and indicative costs, as to the range of printing and other merchandise options available through the company.
How to apply:
Interested firms should express their interest by submitting both the letter of interest, technical proposal and financial proposal, addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org, by 29th, January 2017 2016.
Mandatory subject of email should be “Expression of Interest: Provision of Printing Services”.
Only shortlisted persons will be invited for an interview.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb