Closing date: 22 Jan 2017
Pact Kenya is searching for a Grants Team Leader to be based in Nairobi and will play the key role of leading and overseeing all aspects related to management of grants, contracts and procurement. S/he will support the grants team specifically for its Peace III (USAID) Project, but also other individual projects, as may be requested. This position reports to the Chief of Party.
Job holder’s roles and responsibilities:**
· Provide leadership and supervision to the grants team.
· Ensure strong links between the grants management and capacity building approach to maximize efforts to strengthen strategic partners and build in strategies to the grant making process.
· Ensure strong links between the grants management and M&E systems to improve grantee reporting and link to Pact requirements.
· Maintain grant documents and systems according to Pact’s standards and donor policies.
· Comply with Pact’s & USAID grant requirements and ensure understanding by all staff.
· Prepare grant documents that meet both grantee and donor requirement and allow for programmatic flexibility.
· Analyze, verify and review proposal budgets to ensure donor compliance.
· Ensure proper implementation and competitive processes for grantee selection and negotiation.
· Coordinate the proposal review process and ensure compliance with solicitations and donor requirements.
· Coordinate, design and carry out training courses for Peace III staff and partners.
· Oversee financial closeout of grants.
Qualifications and experiences:
· University degree in business administration, social sciences or related field.
· 3-5 years’ experience working in relief or development programs.
· Knowledge of USAID policies, regulations and reporting requirements.
· Strong written and oral communications skills.
· Experience in development projects, writing proposal, reports to donors and a good understanding of budgets.
· A team player, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure.
· Detail oriented, organized and able to manage competing urgent requests and priorities.
· Competence in common IT applications.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are advised to send an application letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject line Grants Team Leader. Deadline for applications: January 22, 2017
Pact is an equal opportunities employer.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb