Organization: Overseas Strategic Consulting
Closing date: 30 Jan 2017
Overseas Strategic Consulting, Ltd. (OSC) seeks well-qualified applicants for a HIV/AIDS Public Engagement and Outreach Advisor for a five-year project in Kenya to increase availability and use of HIV combination prevention services and HIV testing services. This position will be based Kakamega county.
The HIV/AIDS Public Engagement and Outreach Advisor will provide technical support and oversee the implementation of behavior change, social marketing, and community mobilization interventions aimed at increasing the availability and use of HIV combination prevention services and HIV testing services in Busia, Kakamega, and Vihiga counties. The Specialist will provide technical assistance to design and implement enhanced community outreach and mobilization efforts aimed at strengthening patient retention, treatment adherence, and improved outcomes. Finally, the Specialist will identify and work with implementing partners, NGOs, CBOs, communities, and local leaders to complete strategic objectives, conduct community mobilization activities, and coordinate activities through project work sites.
· Kenyan citizenship
· Fluency in both English and Kiswahili, knowledge of Kikuyu and Luhuya desired
· A minimum of Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree in a relevant area, such as communications, sociology, anthropology, or related fields; MPH preferred
· Minimum 8 years professional experience designing and implementing comprehensive, research-driven public health campaigns focused on HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment at the community level
· Understanding of HIV/AIDS prevention strategies and continuum of care
· Professional experience in creating communications products related to public health
· Experience working in collaboration with NGOs and international donors
· Willingness to travel to counties
· Excellent writing, editing, and interpersonal communications skills
· Proficiency in computer Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required
How to apply:
Established in 1992, OSC (www.oscltd.com) provides strategic communications and information communications technology support for development missions in challenging environments around the world. For consideration, please email resume/CV and cover letter via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) using the subject line: “HIV/AIDS Public Engagement and Outreach Advisor”. OSC is committed to recruiting, employing, promoting, and retaining the best-qualified individuals without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb