Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 03 Feb 2017
Administration Officer & Training Coordinator, BALADI CAP, Lebanon
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Building Alliances for Local Advancement, Development and Investment Project (BALADI) aims to improve public service delivery at the local and regional levels, promote community participation in local governance decision-making, increase access to reliable and affordable public services, and support participatory and accountable local governance. The goal of BALADI is to achieve sustained and broad-based economic growth by engaging with municipal government institutions, Lebanese-registered civil society organizations, and private sector businesses. The BALADI CAP project is a 5-year, USAID-funded project that complements and bolsters the activities of the BALADI project by providing organizational capacity-building assistance to local civil society organizations and municipalities in the implementation of joint municipal/Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) projects.
**Please note: Only Lebanese citizens are eligible for this position.
MSI is seeking candidates for an “Administration Officer & Training Coordinator.” The position will primarily provide support to the Office Manager to fulfill office management duties specifically pertaining to HR and logistics. The position will also be coordinating trainings for local municipalities, handling logistics and communications with municipalities, and liaising with trainers/experts.
As Training Coordinator:
- Schedule and coordinate all training workshops, communities of practice, field visits and on-the-job coaching and mentoring field visits for selected municipalities and unions of municipalities.
- Arrange logistics for training activities under the project’s CEDG component, including venue booking, catering and transportation, and following-up with the trainers on training materials and preparation.
- Assist the Procurement & Administration Manager/Junior Grants Manager in procuring all necessary materials and supplies for training programs and events, in collaboration with the CEDG team.
- Ensure that training venues and equipment are prepared and ready for the trainer to use, and provide any copying and materials needed prior and during training activities.
- Collect, compile and report results of evaluation, attendance and training data.
- Communicate data and reports to relevant CEDG team members, Service Providers and municipal partners as needed.
- Maintain and update a contact database with all municipal representatives and focal points/trainees under CEDG Tailored Technical Assistance Program and Public Training Program.
- Maintain and update an expert consultant database with potential trainers and experts in all fields of relevant expertise to CEDG activities.
- Maintain and update a photo gallery pertaining to CEDG activities in liaison with relevant Service Providers and CEDG team members on the field.
- Coordinate with the Senior Decentralization and Local Governance Specialist to advertise short-term opportunities, organize interviews, check references and verify rate histories of finalists.
- Ensure that the program websites are regularly updated with training materials in collaboration with CEDG team and Senior Communications Specialist.
- Address inquiries from trainees via telephone, email and fax.
As Administration Officer:
- Assist management and project staff in all administrative functions.
- Supervise the project drivers on their field trips and project vehicle maintenance.
- Prepare and send correspondence; log and sort incoming deliveries and letters.
- Receive visitors and phone calls to the office and route them accordingly.
- Coordinate and maintain log books for all drivers and services with the Administration and Office Manager.
- Ensure smooth functioning of the program.
- Ensure smooth functioning of the program office, including tracking and ordering supplies, ensuring a clean and safe working environment, uninterrupted communication and IT services, and storage.
- Attend staff meetings and take minutes of meetings.
- Ensure all office equipment are maintained and repaired in a timely manner.
- Maintain up-to-date leave tracking record.
- Handle Petty Cash and prepare payment vouchers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in administrative and office work, logistics, and/or providing administrative support to training programs or other activities.
- Fluency in both Arabic and English.
- Strong Computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience on USAID-funded projects preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb