Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 19 Feb 2017
Field Monitoring Consultant, Lebanon Community Resilience (LCRI), Lebanon
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.**
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Party (COP) of the Lebanon Community Resilience Initiative (LCRI), the Field Monitoring Consultant will be primarily responsible for collecting field data in LCRI’s operating areas in Northern Lebanon and the Beqaa Valley. S/He will coordinate with the Beirut-based Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialists to identify and implement appropriate monitoring techniques to support technical evaluation at the activity level and broader program learning. The Consultant will have a great bearing on the quality of data collected and of data output, and will contribute to data analysis. S/he will have direct contact with LCRI’s partners and beneficiaries and will be required to ravel to various communities throughout the assigned region. This is a short-term part-time position for approximately four months.
- Assist M&E Specialists to design, test, implement and review routine project monitoring and report forms and data flow mechanisms.
- Assist the M&E Specialists in the collection, collating, analyzing and interpreting of qualitative and quantitative data on grant activities to capture various levels of program impact.
- Assist in development and design of questionnaires, survey polls, focus groups and other quantitative and qualitative tools for monitoring and impact measurement purposes.
- Regularly facilitate key informant interviews (KIIs) and focus group discussion (FGDs). Coordinate with M&E Specialists to set up KIIs and determine FGD composition and schedules.
- Support regional M&E specialists and Field Officers to manage data for regular reporting on program progress.
- Meet with regional Program Development Officers and Field Officers for information gathering, assessment and activity level updates and analysis.
- Provide regular site visit and monitoring reports, as well as other reports as needed. Provide technical input and review for reports to meet donor and LCRI requirements.
- Follow confidentiality and security procedures to ensure respondent privacy is protected.
- Actively contribute to information sharing within the LCRI Project.
- Attend periodic meetings in Beirut with M&E team
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Chief of Party.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in community development, civil society, journalism, or a relevant field.
- Previous experience with community-based work and previous experience with NGOs in the field preferable.
- Experience working with donor-funded projects is desirable.
- Prior work experience in complex, high-speed and challenging field operations.
- Strong analytical skills and writing abilities.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Highly organized, punctual, capable of handling multiple priorities, meeting deadlines, and managing time effectively.
- Ability to work independently as well as an effective team player with the ability to advance projects with minimal supervision.
- Willingness and ability to travel independently throughout the country, including in sensitive or conflict prone areas.
- Working proficiency in written and oral Arabic and English.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb