Closing date: 06 Feb 2017
Pursue, a member of the ARK Group, is a development consultancy committed to empowering local communities and beneficiaries in conflict, post-conflict, and fragile areas through the provision of evidence-based programmatic interventions, policy recommendations and training services.
ARK’s approach relies on combining mixed-methods research with strong, consistent engagement with local communities and stakeholders to bridge the gap between the aspirations of local communities and the priorities of governmental and multilateral actors, thus informing the design and implementation of relevant programming. Utilising innovative quantitative and qualitative social science methodologies to generate data, we analyse and synthesise results, brief clients and beneficiaries, deliver interventions and measure impact.
ARK has recently been awarded, on behalf of DFID, a multi-year programme in Lebanon in support of Palestinian youth. This programme will improve their social and economic participation, as well as enhance the youth role in governance whilst reducing the likelihood of young Palestinians resorting to negative coping strategies. This is a continuation of previous projects which we have been delivering within the Palestinian Camps for a number of years.
ARK seeks a committed and experienced Office Manager to co-ordinate the daily operations within the office and to provide the necessary assistance to staff to ensure the efficient delivery of this major programme and others.
Tasks & Activities
Administration & Logistics
- Ensure that all ARK administrative and logistics policies and protocols, including legal matters, are observed and carried out.
- Provide support to the admin and logistics staff in meeting local, ARK and donors’ requirements.
- Compile regular reports, updates and articles for the Business Development Unit.
- In conjunction with ARK Group HR recruit international and national staff for programmes as required.
- On-board, train, manage and supervise staff as needed and support overall team co-operation.
- Review and adjust organizational structures and job descriptions as required to provide clear work expectations and adequate resources for achieving programme goals.
- Ensure that performance reviews are conducted in accordance with ARK Group policy and that staff are supported appropriately in their ongoing professional development.
Financial, Audit and Compliance
- Work closely with Finance and Corporate Services staff in country and HQ ARK Group, Dubai on all aspects related to timely financial reporting and audit preparation.
- Support the development of and monitor the annual operational budget and ensure timely management of financial reporting, audit compliance and cash flow in accordance with ARK and donor regulations.
- Ensure all fiscal controls and donor required policy controls are carried out.
Support Finance in providing oversight of ARK Lebanon programme budgets and management of programme spending (including budget monitoring). Anticipate potential funding gaps, develop contingency plans, and closely monitor costs to prevent unforeseen programme costs.
Help identify efficient and effective solutions to issues while ensuring compliance with ARK Group policies and donor regulations, yet facilitate the achievement of programme objectives. Co-ordinate closely with ARK Group Corporate Services.
Perform internal control reviews of in-country processes including cash management, procurement, logistics, warehouse and stock management, asset management and co-ordinate with the relevant staff to correct and improve processes and procedures as required.
Issue reports, which summarize the results of reviews in accordance with ARK Group procedures and oversee/monitor and evaluate the status of action plan implementation.
Maintain and file records and other supporting documentation for all reviews performed.
Prepare and maintain internal control monitoring reports and debrief senior Country Management and ARK Group regularly on follow up action items.
In coordination with Finance and Programme teams, develop and implement sub-recipient /partner monitoring plans to ensure compliance with all relevant financial, operational and grant-specific requirements.
Be familiar with and stay current on the active programmes and grants of ARK, as well as their specific regulations and requirements. Develop and maintain individual grant compliance trackers and in close cooperation with PMs and Grants Manager, ensure that all award-specific donor requirements are being achieved and documented.
Perform follow-up and resolutions for internal and external audit recommendations to improve or enhance the internal control environment.
Prepare and continuously update a Country Office Risk Register and Issues Log(s) in conjunction with the CM and PMs.
Perform other related special projects as determined and agreed on with the CM.
Corruption & Incident Response
- Serve as focal point for the internal reporting of any incidents of fraud, corruption or bribery.
- If agreed internally, perform corruption enquiries and investigations to determine the facts, circumstances and scope of any allegations raised.
- Collect, analyze and document results of reviews and communicate observations and recommendations with collaboration of the CM and senior management, as appropriate.
- Prepare and maintain the Company’s Fraud Register and Dashboard and remain the focal person on all accountability and transparency issues in the office, including reporting and liaising with ARK Group legal, compliance and ethics teams.
- Lead and support the operation of the Company’s Complaints Response Mechanism, which facilitates feedback and complaints from communities where we work on everything from programmatic issues to serious incidents of staff misconduct, ranging from fraud and corruption to abuse.
- Work with the M&E Manager on the implementation and oversight of the Complaints Response Mechanism, especially where concerns involve serious staff misconduct, and coordinate with ARK Group HR in such serious matters.
- A minimum of 5 years’ progressive experience in management positions.
- Leadership, organisational awareness and proven ability to deliver results in a diverse team environment.
- Experience in managing and sustaining effective teams.
- Experience in financial management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Graduate degree
- Fluent Arabic language skills required.
- Fluency in spoken and written English also required.
How to apply:
If interested, kindly send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com no later than February 6, 2017, clearly stating the vacancy title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb