Organization: FHI 360
Closing date: 17 Feb 2017
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
The United States Agency for International Development in Malawi (USAID/Malawi) intends to issue a Request for Proposal (RFP) for the implementation of “Assess the Learners” (YESA) Activity.
The primary purpose of this activity is to create a multi-level monitoring and evaluation system for the National Reading Programme to assist the Government of Malawi’s (GoM’s) efforts to improve the reading skills of Malawian students nationwide. The activity must achieve the following objectives:
1) National Reading Assessment instituted;
2) Universal school–level utilization of assessment strategies and techniques for reading and school management instituted;
3) Community-level capacity for the performance and informed use of reading assessments instituted; and
4) Integration of reading assessments into National Reading Program and MOEST Policies and Practices instituted.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development and implementation of robust monitoring, evaluation and learning systems and processes.
- Collaborate with and build the capacity and systems of local partners and government stakeholders.
- Develop MEL tools and approaches to test theories of change, monitor fidelity of implementation, and generate learning through implementation.
- Ensure high standards of data quality and data management, including geo-referencing.
- Coordinate closely with third-party evaluators regarding data and observation needs.
- Implement adaptive management strategies, including customizing appropriate tools to assess risks, understand the dynamic context in Malawi, and provide information for program managers that will enable them to be flexible and adapt to changing conditions.
- Adapt monitoring tools for formative and summative evaluation use and ensure that tools are built into government systems as much as possible.
- A Master’s Degree in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) field.
- 8 (eight) years of experience working in M&E sector out of which at least 5 (five) years of experience with ME&L for reading assessments and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing a monitoring, evaluation and learning systems of broadly comparable scale and scope to that required for YESA.
- At least 5 (five) years demonstrated experience in relevant data collection and processing methodologies, and with regard to ensuring data quality and demonstrating increased level of responsibility.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb