Organization: Social Impact
Closing date: 18 Feb 2017
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor, USAID/Malawi Assess the Learners (YESA) Project, Malawi
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
Social Impact is preparing for upcoming five-year USAID Assess the Learners (YESA) Activity in Malawi. The anticipated project will create a multi-level monitoring and evaluation system for the National Reading Programme to assist the Government of Malawi’s (GoM’s) efforts to improve the reading skills of Malawian students nationwide. The goals of YESA are to institute a National Reading Assessment; a universal school-level utilization of assessment strategies and techniques for reading; community-level capacity for the performance and informed use of reading assessments; and integrating reading assessments into National Reading.
SI is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor establishing and managing a system to monitor YESA’s progress in instituting a comprehensive and sustained early grade reading assessment system in conjunction with USAID, the GoM, and the USAID MERIT projects. This position will be fulltime and based in Malawi.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Malawian citizenship will be considered.
· Develop a comprehensive plan that outlines key learning and knowledge management questions, stakeholders and their roles, and broad stakeholder engagement at multiple levels.
· Spearhead the design and implementation of institutional learning activities including seminars, events, briefings and after actions reviews.
· Work with technical staff to oversee tools for data collection, storage, and analysis.
· Train staff and partners on early grade reading assessment tools, collection methods, and administration of assessments at the national, school, and community level.
· Perform data analyses, generate reports of findings, and create graphics to contribute to reporting requirements and project communications products.
· Plan for and supervise intermittent performance evaluations, collect and disseminate lessons learned, and share successes during project implementation.
- Assist key stakeholders in adopting and strengthening systems and processes that foster learning and knowledge-sharing, and inform future programming.
- Foster strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, serve as a convener for dialogue and learning around emerging issues, and coordinate efforts among partners.
· Master’s degree in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) field required.
· Minimum eight years of experience working in the M&E sector out of which at least five years of experience with ME&L for reading assessments and analysis.
· Demonstrated experience in overseeing a monitoring, evaluation and learning systems of broadly comparable scale and scope to that required for YESA.
· At least five years demonstrated experience in relevant data collection and processing methodologies, and ensuring data quality.
· Demonstrated relevant technical abilities necessary for high-quality M&E.
· Strong demonstrated capacities for spatial analysis including the use of geographic information systems.
· English fluency required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb