Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 08 Feb 2017
Logistics Specialist, INL Mexico Travel and Logistics for Training Support, Mexico
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Proposal Summary: **
INL supports multiple projects aimed at building the capacity of justice sector, civil society, and police actors. This project requires coordinating travel for participants out of the target country for trainings in the United States, Mexico, or other countries; travel of trainers from these locations into the target country to deliver courses; provision of venues for classroom trainings and workshops, and effective tracking of courses delivered and individuals trained, broken out by gender and by institutional affiliation.
****Please note: Only Mexican citizens are eligible for this position. **
The Logistics Specialist will oversee the business services and logistics support, including coordinating travel services, events, and reimbursement. S/He will also be responsible for organizing all transportation, insurance, lodging, facilities and meals . In addition, this person will develop and execute logistics tools and methodologies, which include support plans, budget requirements and timelines. Based in the field office, the Logistics Specialist will be dedicated full time to ensuring successful operations in support of the capacity building projects.
- Coordinate travel services, event’s logistics, and invoicing.
- Organizing all transportation, insurance, lodging, facilities and meals for trainings.
- Coordinate estimates and reconcile vendor/hotel invoices for goods and services.
- Assist with the preparation of event budget estimates.
- Provide periodic progress reports to management and internal stakeholders for each event project.
- Keep track of event finances, invoices and reporting.
- Gathering information on each event to achieve quality event productions.
- Serving as a liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Assure proper filing of all program documentation.
- Coordinate and facilitate airline ticketing with internal travel support.
- Maintain traveler-related data and update on a daily basis.
- Guarantee correct distribution of information to hotels, proper room booking and to any other vendors.
- Support visa procedures for international travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in tourism, hospitality, event management, communications or related field.
- Demonstrated interest in events and travel logistics.
- Proven experience in logistics coordination.
- Minimum two (2) years work experience in a similar administrative and operational role.
- Ability to work independently and at a fast pace on complex projects simultaneously and demonstrate professionalism, diplomacy and a positive attitude.
- Able to easily prioritize and provide a quick turnaround in all aspects event development.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills are required (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and ability to perform duties under limited supervision.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Strong time management skills.
- Flexible and capable to work under pressure within a team environment.
- Strong customer service disposition.
- Knowledge in US federal travel and procurement regulations is a plus.
- High English oral and written communication skills are required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb