Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 01 Mar 2017
Human Resources and Office Manager, Mozambique Monitoring and Evaluation Mechanisms and Services (MMEMS), Mozambique
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project Summary: **
The Mozambique Monitoring and Evaluation Mechanism and Services (MMEMS) project provides on-the-ground support on performance monitoring, data verification, impact evaluation, output, and environmental compliance of USAID/Mozambique activities. The MMEMS main office will be based in Maputo; field offices will be based in Quelimane and Nampula.
**Please note: Only Mozambique citizens are eligible for this position.
The Human Resources and Office Manager will be responsible for managing staff contracts, assist with the recruitment of new staff, payroll and benefits calculations, and oversight and HR record keeping. In addition, she/he will provide administrative and clerical support to the MMEMS project as needed, including organization of project files and assistance with events organization and management.
- Assuming a leadership role and provide specialized advice to the Chief of Party, Director of Finance and Administration, and other MMEMS staff on questions related to Human Resources.
- Supporting Human Resources processes throughout the project; manage strategic and/or specialized information related to Human Resources.
- Keeping records of employees’ sick days, overtime and vacation days according to USAID and MSI policies.
- Providing sound and effective advice to the Chief of Party, Director of Finance and Administration, as well as other staff on all personnel related questions.
- Responsible for the effective implementation of all legal HR practices as well as legal obligations (recruitment, selection, benefits/allowances, health and security, staff relations, the reshaping of management, the reaching out to and development of personnel).
- Assisting with the project’s payroll system and oversee the provision of social benefits.
- Operating within a network of other donor organizations/projects to ensure that the principles and general policies and conditions of MSI, as they pertain to Cooperating Country Nationals, remain competitive and up-to-date.
- Conducting recruiting for potential new hires and consultants in Mozambique.
- Carrying out the calculations and payment of staff salaries, as well as the notification of taxes, duties, and all obligatory payments to be made.
- Developing, monitoring, and updating all necessary trackers, including a STTA tracking log.
- Assisting, as needed, with the follow-up and verification of vendor invoices and payments.
- Assisting with the organization and filing of information and supporting documents pertaining to the implementation of the project, as requested.
- Ensuring confidentiality of all staff personal information.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in HR and administrative management in Mozambique
- Bachelor Degree in HR, Business Administration, or related field
- High degree of maturity and ability to work collaboratively with multiple partners and vendors; strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Demonstrated knowledge of Mozambique labor code and regulations
- Experience managing staff in multiple locations.
- Experience with USAID-funded project preferred
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required
- Experience in the usage of MS Office package (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Ability to travel to regions outside of Maputo on occasion
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb