Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 01 Mar 2017
Senior Financial Manager,
Monitoring and Evaluation Mechanisms and Services (MMEMS),
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project Summary: **
In January 2017, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to develop a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation program for USAID-sponsored development programs in Mozambique. Specifically, Mozambique Monitoring and Evaluation Mechanisms and Services (MMEMS) will provide continued, on-the-ground support for performance monitoring, data verification, evaluation of the impact, output and outcome results and environmental compliance of USAID/Mozambique’s activities. These efforts aim to make USAID/Mozambique a more effective, better performing and more adaptive development organization
**Please note: Only Mozambican citizens are eligible for this position.
MSI is looking to fill a Senior Financial Manager position in Maputo, Mozambique. The Senior Financial Manager will report to the MSI MMEMS Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) and work closely with senior MMEMS staff to ensure excellent financial management and smooth and compliant implementation of the MMEMS program.
- Process payments for MSI local staff (salary payments, employee benefit payments, tax reporting, medical insurance, etc.).
- Provide all data and backups for the MSI financial reports.
- Work closely with MMEMS staff as well as MMEMS DFA to ensure all activities have proper approvals (admin, logistic and financial).
- Update any organizational chart changes, point of contact and any changes to the team structure to MSI headquarters (HQ).
- Maintain the communication and security manuals and sharing them with MSI MMEMS staff and consultants.
- Provide logistical support by coordinating with the MMEMS logistics manager when MSI HO and local staff travel in and outside of Maputo.
- Maintain and updating the MMEMS MSI property disposition files and ensuring all property is properly labeled.
- Provide assistance to the MSI HQ team with procurement requests.
- Maintain a contact list for short-term technical assistance (STTA) consultants traveling to Mozambique.
- Work with the MSI Contracts, Finance, and Administration Manager to produce reports and gather necessary documentation for all contract-related issues pertaining to procurement, travel and finances
- Introduce new personnel to project policies and procedures.
- Keep records of employees’ sick days, overtime and vacation days according to USAID and MSI policies.
- Conduct bank relations.
- Draft monthly finance reports.
- Maintain records/payments with Government of Mozambique authorities.
- Ensure compliance with Government of Mozambique laws.
- Execute and supervise local procurement.
- Oversee petty cash funds.
Period of Performance:
The initial period of performance will be five years. MSI will issue a yearly contract per each completed year.
- CPA or Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Chartered Accountant, Finance, or related field.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in finance and administrative management in Mozambique.
- Demonstrated and proficient experience using Excel and QuickBooks.
- Experience with making salary deductions and payment to the proper authority.
- High degree of maturity and ability to work collaboratively with multiple partners and vendors.
- Experience managing staff in multiple locations.
- Experience with USAID-funded project preferred.
- Skills and experience which demonstrate the potential for assuming greater responsibilities and duties, above and beyond those listed herein.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
- Ability to travel to regions outside of Maputo.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb