Organization: Abt Associates
Closing date: 28 Feb 2017
The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Research, Monitoring, and Evaluation Manager to support the International Health Division in Nepal.
The Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector Plus (SHOPS Plus) project is Abt’s follow-on project to USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health. In Nepal, SHOPS Plus will support Contraceptive Retail Sales (CRS), a local social marketing organization, to increase the availability of and demand for priority family planning and maternal and child health (MCH) supplies. SHOPS Plus Nepal will also provide targeted technical assistance to strengthen the long-term viability of CRS to deliver these products and services.
SHOPS Plus Nepal is seeking a Local Country National to support the planning, implementation, oversight, analysis, and reporting of research and monitoring activities. The Research Specialist will also be responsible for building the capacity of CRS to implement research and monitoring activities and use findings for program design and decision-making. S/he reports to the SHOPS Plus Nepal Chief of Party based in Kathmandu.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Participate in the design and implementation of data collection, analysis and reporting for project research activities
- Build capacity of CRS staff to design appropriate research activities, interpret and use data to inform evidence-based marketing, distributing, and social and behavior change communication decisions
- Synthesize research and monitoring and evaluation findings and communicate key findings to CRS staff, managers, and USAID
- Develop SOWs and contribute to the procurement process for hiring research firms, providing day-to-day oversight and supervision of hired research firms
- Use appropriate statistical techniques for determining sample selection and analytical approaches for research studies
- Draft research reports
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Master or doctoral degree in related field
- Minimum of eight years of relevant professional experience in international development, including at least 5 years conducting and managing qualitative and quantitative research activities
- Experience implementing lot quality assurance sampling (LQAS) strongly preferred
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, with demonstrated attention to details
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
- Direct experience supporting USAID- or other donor-funded health projects preferred
- Experience with social marketing and/or private sector initiatives preferred
- Proven professional experience in Nepal
8+ years of experience and a master degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb