Organization: International Rescue Committee
Closing date: 08 Mar 2017
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a prominent international organization working in relief, rehabilitation, protection, post-conflict development, resettlement services and advocacy for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression.
IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In February 2014 the IRC moved into Adamawa State in NE Nigeria to provide with humanitarian interventions through a multi-sectoral, integrated approach for conflict affected populations. IRC Nigeria operates a country office in Abuja and field offices in Mubi and Yola of Adamawa State and Maiduguri of Borno state. Currently, IRC Nigeria implements programs primary health care, nutrition, environmental health, women’s protection and empowerment, protection, child protection, education, food security & livelihoods.
SCOPE OF WORK: The HR Coordinator will be providing technical support and capacity building for HR team across field sites and will be working closely with Senior HR Manager to facilitate the development of a highly effective, strategic HR function in the country that ensures the country program has the structure, culture and talent needed to deliver HR services effectively. This position reports directly to the Deputy Director for Operations.
- Work with Senior HR Manager to ensue staff understand and apply HR best practices and IRC policy, and engaging staff to foster and implement a creative and productive workplace that actively promotes learning and staff development.
- Assess capacity of HR staff across IRC offices in Nigeria in their ability to appropriately and adequately manage all HR issues and work with Senior Manager to conduct training to address the gab.
- Work with Senior HR Manager to update orientation/onboarding materials for new staff orientation and conduct training for all HR staff to carry out orientations effectively.
- Work with Senior HR Manager to conduct training sessions specifically aimed at compliance, transparent recruitment process, contract management, HR reporting, staff personnel files management and effective orientation.
- Review contracts, employee data & records, leave administration and compliance to HR policies and procedures and work with Senior HR Manager to conduct training aimed at all HR staff.
- Review all personnel files and related HR documents country wide and work with Senior HR Manager to ensure all files are up to date and in compliance with IRC policy.
- Work with Senior HR Manager to develop and execute capacity building plan aimed at Human Resources staff across IRC Nigeria to enable them deliver timely and accurate HR services.
- Support and provide guidance to Senior HR Manager and HR staff to effectively implement Performance Management Program and link it to staff development/capacity building and training.
- Serve as a mentor for and build the capacity of HR team to ensure sustainable and reliable HR services in all field offices.
- Ensure standardization of HR forms across offices and ensure use and sharing of best practices between field locations.
- The candidate will ensure smooth transition of HR Coordinator responsibilities outlined above to the Senior HR Manager.
- Perform other tasks as requested by supervisor.
- Master degree or equivalent education
- 8 years of progressive HR professional experience with a minimum of 5 years as a head of HR department or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated success as an HR generalist supporting employee groups of 200+ employees in multiple locations within the country required.
- Demonstrated success in supporting senior management and building relationships.
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, and training and development
- Strong collaborator with effective interpersonal and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work, manage, and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced.
- Aptitude for problem solving and decision making needed
- Superb written and verbal communication skills required.
Capable of managing conflict and conflicting views.
Good knowledge of HRIS systems and fluency in English, both written and spoken.
Specific Security Situation/Housing
Yola is security phase 3 (Orange) so the HR Coordinator will be expected to respect the various security protocols in place in country. Phase 4 requires clear contingency planning in place with staff prepared should hibernation or evacuation be called. A government curfew exists and remains 9pm to 6am, meaning expatriate staff have to be at the hotel/guesthouse in Maiduguri no later than 8:00pm. There is one shared guesthouses in Maiduguri with similar accommodation available in the other field offices.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2F0cmluYW1pbGxlci42OTExNi4zODMwQGlyYy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
Read more here:: ReliefWeb