Organization: Management Systems International
Country: occupied Palestinian territory
Closing date: 08 Feb 2017
Chief of Party, Monitoring and Evaluation Activity, West Bank and Gaza
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is preparing to bid on the USAID/West Bank and Gaza Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity. The anticipated focus of the project is on providing support to the mission for its performance monitoring efforts and on conducting evaluations, assessments and special studies related to USAID projects. This is a five-year project scheduled to begin in 2017.
The Chief of Party (COP) is responsible for leading and managing the overall complex operations of the West Bank and Gaza Monitoring and Evaluation Activity (WBG M&E Activity) and bearing primary responsibility for technical aspects of contract performance. This includes designing and advising on methods, providing central oversight, and maintaining acceptable standards of quality for tasks assigned. The COP will define and manage overall contract requirements, including staffing and cost, and should have the ability to recruit and supervise short-term US, third country and local experts. The COP will serve as the main point of contact between MSI and USAID and will report to both. The COP will possess a strong background in monitoring and evaluation, preferably of USAID projects, project management and organizational development to act as an adequate liaison with USAID/West Bank and Gaza and to provide comprehensive M&E support. The position will be based in West Bank or Gaza depending on project requirements.
- Provide overall leadership management of the entire contract, including administrative, financial, human resource, operational, and technical oversight.
- Ensure effective and efficient performance for all aspects of this contract, overseeing all quality control and reporting for each task, including those from short-term experts and long-term staff.
- Manage the field office, including supervision of Palestinian staff.
- Work with MSI home office staff to identify and nominate technical specialists/consultants for short-term technical assistance to meet the objectives of the project.
- Maintain open lines of regular and frequent communication with the USAID Contracting Officer (CO), Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR), sector teams, and others at the Mission.
- Assure compliance with contract provisions, including annual work plans and other reports.
- Supervise all project technical staff
- Master’s Degree in international development, monitoring and evaluation, management, organizational development, social science, or a related field (or career/experience equivalent).
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of experience in public or private sector management, administration, and planning. Must include experience in international development, monitoring and evaluation, project management, and project design.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of supervisory experience. Experience as a COP or senior field management roles such as Project Director, Regional Director, or Country Director strongly preferred.
- Must possess experience managing similar multi-faceted projects and the capacity to manage large complex programs (including subcontracts and satellite offices) in a multi-cultural environment.
- Previous experience managing M&E programs is preferred, with strong technical expertise in leading evaluations and overseeing monitoring activities.
- Experience working in West Bank and Gaza is preferred and experience in conflict afflicted countries is required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to provide consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise solutions, and adopt solutions. Experience working with senior U.S. and foreign government officials preferred.
- Excellent English writing skills and speaking ability. Arabic verbal skills preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb