Organization: Management Systems International
Country: occupied Palestinian territory
Closing date: 09 Feb 2017
Finance and Administration Director, Monitoring, Evaluation and
Learning Activity, West Bank and Gaza
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is preparing to bid on the USAID/West Bank and Gaza Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity. The anticipated focus of the project is on providing support to the mission for its performance monitoring efforts and on conducting evaluations, assessments and special studies related to USAID projects. This is a five-year project scheduled to begin in 2017.
**Please note: Only citizens of West Bank and Gaza are eligible for this position.
MSI is seeking a long-term Finance and Administration Director to be responsible for the efficient administration of accounting, human resources, operations, payroll and reporting in the office. The position provides key support to the Chief of Party (COP) on all management areas under her/his direct supervision and, working in a leadership capacity with the office staff, is responsible for implementation and management of internal controls to facilitate accurate and timely accounting, financial, human resources and information systems. S/he will also collaborate with international colleagues, technical personnel, subcontractors and international partner organizations, and local governmental partners.
- Prepare monthly project plan budget in collaboration with Chief of Party and financial managers based at HQ.
- Oversee accurate and timely payment and recording of all in-country financial, accounting, treasury, and local tax transactions, as well as reporting and allocation of project costs.
- Design, monitor and implement systems of internal control that safeguard client’s assets and lead the process of implementing sound accounting procedures.
- Manage the accurate and timely preparation of office’s monthly expenditure reports to HQ, ensuring review with and approval by Chief of Party.
- Monitor bank account balances and bank reconciliations.
- Supervise handling, reconciliation and reporting of petty cash.
- Ensure cost effective and efficient procurement of goods and services in accordance with MSI and USAID procurement procedures, as well as security of valuable equipment.
- Generate regular project financial updates for office staff and financial managers at HQ.
Local Subcontractor/Vendor Financial/Administrative Management:
- Serve as liaison to local accounting firms, bankers, insurance carriers, brokers and other business vendors.
- Coordinate with HQ in monitoring and managing subcontracts.
Human Resources Administration:
- Maintain effective liaison with local counsel to provide on tax, labor and related legal issues.
- In collaboration with the Chief of Party, oversee preparation of monthly payroll, including computation of income tax and pension contributions & other fringe benefits.
- With Chief of Party, implement personnel policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with Palestinian labor laws.
- In collaboration with Chief of Party, manage recruitment of local staff including preparation of staffing requests and appointment records, employment contracts, and benefits enrollments.
- Monitor effective maintenance of up-to-date personnel records; provide timely staffing reports and other HR data to HQ upon request.
Office Administration and Operations:
- Monitor compliance with administrative and operations policies with Chief of Party and HQ.
- Maintain effective liaison with office landlord and utilities providers, keeping related contracts & legal agreements properly documented and up to date.
- Oversee coordination and supervision of support staff, including drivers, office assistants and IT support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, or relevant accounting certification.
- Minimum 5 years of related professional experience with an international organization.
- Prior experience overseeing financial operations for a field-based USAID project.
- In depth knowledge of USAID rules and regulations, particularly as related to finance, accounting practices, contracts, procurement, and reporting.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work both independently and collaboratively with Chief of Party and colleagues at HQ.
- Expertise with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint); accounting software, payroll management systems & web-based communications platforms. Advanced Excel skills preferable.
- Familiarly or previous experience with QuickBooks as a primary accounting tool.
- Fluency in Arabic required.
- Proficiency in written and oral English required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb