Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 23 Feb 2017
Data Analyst, Pakistan Transition Initiative (PTI) Evaluation, Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM), Pakistan
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) serves as a centralized management support mechanism that provides services in (1) monitoring, (2) evaluation, (3) assessment, and (4) learning support. PERFORM provides data and information to help USAID/Pakistan project managers improve results through better implementation, design, and learning, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives .
****Please note: Only citizens of Pakistan are eligible for this position. **
MSI is conducting evaluations of USAID/Pakistan’s TDP (Temporarily Displaced Persons) return strategy, Mehsud tribe cluster and urban infrastructure cluster projects implemented in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP). 1
MSI is seeking a Data Analyst with excellent quantitative data management and analysis skills for supporting the data management and analysis phases of the evaluation. MSI is expected to conduct around 800 household interviews using a lengthy complex survey instrument. The Data Analyst is expected to develop data entry platforms in Census Survey Program (CSPRO), supervise the data entry process and conduct analysis by producing tables/charts as per analysis plan.
The position is based at the MSI office in Islamabad, however the candidate will be required to participate in the data enumerators training in Peshawar for about 5 days. The Data Analyst will report to the Assignment Manager. The total time commitment for the assignment is around 25 working days, starting from early March and completing by May 2017.
- Participate in the enumerators training.
- Review data collection instruments to ensure its coding is clear, systematic, and consistent.
- Develop data entry systems separate for three evaluations in CSPRO, and apply required quality checks.
- Provide technical assistance to partner data entry team during data entry process.
- Consolidate multiple CSPRO data entry files, run cleaning checks and share feedback with partner.
- Run analysis of clean files as per analysis plan.
- Any other emergent task assigned by supervisor.
- At least five (5) years’ professional experience with two (2) years of hands-on experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Graduate degree in social sciences.
- Demonstrated experience in managing large scale datasets.
- Excellent data management and analysis skills for complex household surveys.
- Excellent knowledge of CSPRO software development and trouble shooting.
- Excellent knowledge of SPSS to run preliminary and advanced analysis.
- Advanced English reading and writing skills.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb