Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 03 Feb 2017
Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) Gender Analysis,
Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM), Pakistan
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) serves as a centralized management support mechanism that provides services in (1) monitoring, (2) evaluation, (3) assessment, and (4) learning support. PERFORM provides data and information to help USAID/Pakistan project managers improve results through better implementation, design, and learning, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives.
**Please note: Only Pakistani citizens are eligible for this position.
MSI is seeking four (4) qualified Field Researchers for a gender analysis. In 2012 and 2013 USAID released its policy on gender equality and female empowerment along with directives on gender integration to ensure that USAID’s core development programming would reduce gender inequality and gender-based violence, and enable women and girls to realize their rights, determine their life outcomes, and influence decision-making at all levels.
USAID is in the process of developing its first country wide strategic plan—the Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS). To inform that process, USAID has requested PERFORM to conduct a gender analysis to guide the mission in promoting gender equality, female empowerment, and inclusion in USAID programming. The analysis will identify the macro level gender inequalities in the country in a broad range of areas including, but not limited to, laws policies, regulations, institutional practices, cultural norms and beliefs, access to and control over resources, patterns of power, and decision making.
This assignment will run for approximately 10 weeks from February to April 2017, including fieldwork and data analysis in Pakistan.
Under the direction of the MSI staff, the Field Researcher will participate in the following aspects of the evaluation:
- Reviewing relevant documents and participating in discussions with the team to understand the scope and objectives of the evaluation.
- Under the supervision of the assignment manager and/or sector specialists, conduct the document review and carry out field activities as per the data collection plan, including conducting interviews and maintaining field notes.
- Participate in data analysis (quantitative and qualitative) and de-briefing sessions with the evaluation team.
- Undertake other relevant tasks required for the successful completion of the assignment as assigned by the assignment manager.
- At least a Master’s degree in gender studies, social sciences, or a related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in qualitative data collection and quantitative data analysis.
- Experience using qualitative software such as NVivo or MaxQDA preferred.
- Ability to produce detailed notes of group interviews in English.
- Excellent analytical and personal communication skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb