Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 26 Feb 2017
Field Researchers, Khyber Pakhtunkwa Governance Project,
Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM),
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project Summary: **
In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) will serve as a centralized management support mechanism supporting USAID/Pakistan’s mission to increase stability, democracy, and prosperity for the men and women of Pakistan through the implementation of the Mission Strategic Framework (MSF). PERFORM will provide data and information to help project managers improve project results through better implementation and design, as well as services that support the Mission’s learning and adaptive process, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives. The performance components will include: (1) Monitoring Services; (2) Evaluation Services; (3) Assessment Services; and (4) Learning Support Services.
**Please note: Only Pakistani citizens are eligible for this position.
MSI is seeking two (2) qualified Field Researchers to be part of a team that will monitor the grant activities of the USAID-funded Khyber Pakhtunkwa Governance (KPG) Project. The objective of the $22 million, four-year project is to provide USAID/Pakistan’s FATA/KP Office with the means to support U.S. foreign policy objectives by helping the KP Government to advance peace and democracy as part of a transition to stability in the region. The KPG will contribute to increased government legitimacy in an area where authority has been formerly challenged and/or weakened. In order to address critical democratic transition priorities, the project focuses on: 1) building public confidence in government institutions, structures and systems by providing essential services; 2) improving dialogue between government officials and citizens, and helping to diffuse possible conflict; 3) strengthening an independent civil society in the public interest to hold governments accountable; 3) assisting elected officials and public administration to respond to local community needs and to develop their ability to communicate effectively with constituents; and 4) forging a path on gender equality and women’s empowerment in partnership with elected and appointed officials.
The purpose of the assignment is to provide an independent perspective on KPG performance regarding the extent to which activities are being implemented according to the KPG plan. To achieve this, the Field Researchers will monitor the events under the USAID/Pakistan KPG project in the four focus districts of Banu, Kohat, Peshawar, and Swabi (the number of districts may increase during the course of the assignment) and obtain beneficiaries and stakeholders feedback regarding their perceptions, opinions, and knowledge about the KPG-funded grants and sub-activities.
The estimated duration of the assignment is approximately 24 months. The monitoring will begin around February, 2017 and continue until December 2018. This is a Peshawar-based job with frequent travel to project districts and Islamabad.
- Under the supervision of the PERFORM Assignment Manager, carry out field activities in KP province, as per the data collection plan.
- Monitor the on-going events i.e. trainings, sessions, meetings, equipment, and system installations, etc. using appropriate tools.
- Conduct key informant interviews (KIIs) with stakeholders which may include grantee staff, government officials and beneficiaries of the grants.
- Fully complete the instrument tools and submit them weekly to the PERFORM assignment manager for data cleaning, coding, and analysis.
- Write and submit weekly monitoring reports to the PERFORM assignment manager in accordance with a prescribed template.
- Coordinate and liaison with the Implementing Partner’s activity managers of the grants and government assistance, and representatives of grantees and KP Province and local governments
- Undertake other tasks required for the successful completion of the assignment.
- At least a Master’s degree in social sciences, or a related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in data collection.
- Experience working in KP Province.
- Excellent analytical and verbal skills.
- Fluent in Pashto, Urdu and English languages.
- Excellent English language report-writing skills.
- Proficiency in MS office, particularly in MS Excel.
Candidates that have a real or potential conflict of interest in this monitoring assignment will not be considered for this position. MSI will require a written statement to this effect before formal engagement on this assignment. Conflict of interest in this context includes, but is not limited to, close and/or family relations with the individuals that are related to the project, financial interest in the implementing organization(s) or grantees, current or previous experience with the project being monitored, or the USAID requesting office.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb