Organization: German Red Cross
Closing date: 05 Feb 2017
German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects internationally on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
The German Red Cross is carrying out relief, recovery and long-term development projects with the Philippine Red Cross (PRC). The current project portfolio is diverse and includes a comprehensive integrated recovery programme as well as several long-term DRR interventions funded by DIPECHO, DEVCO, FFO, BMZ. GRC is currently operational in 10 provinces in Luzon and in the Visayas regions.
To support our projects in the Philippines, we are looking for a Finance Delegate with strong experience in working in support of a larger relief / recovery/ development operation with multiple donor funded projects.
GRC is currently seeking a Finance Delegate with broad experience in large relief/ recovery/ development cooperation and multiple donor funded projects.
Duration: 7 months, starting April 2017
Location: Manila, Philippines with travel to project locations in Philippines
Responsibilities and tasks:
The Finance Delegate is working in close cooperation with the GRC Head of Office, the Philippine Red Cross and the Project Delegates deployed by the German Red Cross.
The overall responsibility is securing the financial management (including prevention of fraud and corruption) of the projects in the respective area, especially of donor funded projects (FFO, BMZ and EU) and to support the delegation in administrative & logistics tasks. The Finance Delegate will ensure that GRC financial, administrative and standard operation procedures are applied and maintained and where necessary strengthened and improved.
- Strengthening of the established financial system in line with GRC rules as well as national partner and donor requirements
- Overall financial administration
- Safeguarding of financial procedures and regulations
- Financial reporting according to GRC and donor standards
- Managing, mentoring and training of local staff
- Strengthen the capacity of PRC-GRC local finance staff through skill development, including financial management and monitoring to ultimately assume ownership and responsibility of the financial management of the GRC projects in the Philippines after the end of your mission
- Close cooperation and coordination with the finance officer in GRC NHQ
- Administrative tasks
- Support to logistic and procurement procedures
- Profound experiences in bookkeeping/accounting and financial management, including administrative issues and financial reporting of international development cooperation projects (minimum of 3 years work experience)
- Ability to manage and control cash flow in multiple projects
- Experience in managing funds provided by the German Government (BMZ, FFO) and European donors (ECHO, DEVCO)
- Strong ability to guide and train international and local staff (e.g. financial management)
- Experience in logistics, especially procurement
- Excellent computer skills in MS office and common accounting software
- Good interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively and build relationships at all levels, taking into account cultural and language differences.
- Oral and written fluency in English, knowledge of German would be an asset
- Readiness to work in a challenging environment in an international team
- Knowledge of Red Cross and Crecent principles and readiness to adhere to them
GRC offers you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC as well as an expatriation allowance during your mission. Depending on the post specific situation we either provide you with an accommodation or a personal allowance to cover your accommodation. In addition to a full insurance package (health insurance for residence abroad, private accident insurance, private liability insurance, luggage insurance) GRC is as well covering a home flight within a 12-month period of assignment and medical check-ups before and after your mission. Before your assignment you will benefit from a comprehensive training package and receive briefings and coaching prior as well as during and after your mission.
How to apply:
Kindly apply by submitting your application by using the GRC online application system DRK HRnet until 05.02.2017.
Please indicate Ref. No. 2017-003 with your application.
Further information on our recruiting procedure can be found on our homepage.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb