Organization: International Federation of Red Cross And Red Crescent Societies
Closing date: 27 Jan 2017
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is seeking independent consultant to conduct a final evaluation on relief and recovery interventions for Typhoon Nona operation, undertaken by the Philippine Red Cross (PRC).
The evaluation will specifically look at the design, implementation and sustainability elements of the programmes, with more focus on shelter, livelihoods and water and sanitation. It is expected that key lessons and recommendations from this evaluation will guide the PRC in future operations and contribute to broader Red Cross Red Crescent learning, particularly to better address needs in emergency, relief and recovery, taking into account long-term impact and sustainability.
Application period: 18 January through 27 January 2017
The external evaluation team will comprise Filipino nationals with experience or significant knowledge of humanitarian response mechanisms, specifically relief and recovery interventions, and have previous experience in conducting external evaluations for medium-to-large scale programmes. The evaluation team will be external to all stakeholders of the operation.
Preferred qualifications for team members include:
- Knowledge of activities generally conducted by humanitarian organizations in relief, shelter, livelihoods, water and sanitation.
- Field experience in the evaluation of humanitarian or development programmes, preferably with experience of evaluating Red Cross programmes.
- Previous experience in coordination, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of humanitarian programs.
- Ability to write clear and useful reports
- Fluency in English and Tagalog
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and manage with available resources.
- With provided funds, ability to team member.
- With provided funds, ability to arrange own logistics, including vehicle rental and hotel accommodation for the duration of field work.
How to apply:
Interested candidates/teams should submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 27 January 2017. In the subject line, please state the position you are applying for, your surname and first name. (SUBJECT: Typhoon Nona Operation Final Evaluation – Last Name, First Name).
The application should include:
Expression of interest outlining in detail, their proposed approach timeframe and budget to undertake the proposed evaluation.
Cover letter clearly summarizing experience of the team as it pertains to this assignment, your daily rate, and contact details for the team member
3. Curriculum Vitaes (CVs)
- Samples of previous written work
Read more here:: ReliefWeb