Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 03 Feb 2017
Deputy Chief of Party,
USAID/Senegal Monitoring & Evaluation Project, Dakar, Senegal
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The three-year USAID Senegal Monitoring & Evaluation Project (MEP) will provide USAID/Senegal with performance measurement and management support activities, including, but not limited to, monitoring and evaluation design, program evaluation design and implementation, impact evaluation design and implementation, sectoral assessments, surveys, activity/project design, target setting, and statement of work (SOW) development for evaluation activities. This contract seeks to improve performance management at all levels to help the Mission meet Agency requirements, make better informed strategic and management decisions, and advance Agency learning.
**Please note: Only Senegalese citizens are eligible for this position.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will report directly to the Chief of Party. S/he will work oversee the daily management of all MEP tasks and deliverables in the implementation of the three-year M&E Support project. The DCOP will be responsible for organizing and managing all monitoring and assessment activities with project staff. In addition, s/he will track all performance measures for the project including client satisfaction surveys and technical team feedback.
Salary: FSN 12-13 based on qualifications and experience
- Coordinate all task activities, particularly quality control systems and deliverables with project staff.
- Lead all performance measurement systems as part of the MEP M&E Plan.
- Develop task updates and participate in weekly coordination meetings with USAID COR.
- Prepare all M&E data on tasks performed to support quarterly and annual report development
- Assist in designing data collection methods and supervising survey firms.
- Work closely with MSI HO, Program Manager and Senior Program Manager to coordinate timely submission of rate and travel approvals for all MEP tasks.
- Assist in the development and maintenance the MEP database of qualified Senegalese evaluation/M&E/Research specialists for use in MEP tasks.
- Ensure that the MEP Project Tracker is up to date.
- Support the recruitment and outreach to identify a wide pool of technically sound Senegalese and international evaluators and M&E specialists.
- Work closely with the MEP DFA to track costs for all tasks and office expenditures and
- Other similar duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in demography, geography or social science research required.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience working in the area of M&E or evaluation with USAID-funded projects.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in developing performance monitoring systems, data quality control and reporting.
- Experience managing multiple evaluation and M&E tasks simultaneously.
- Experience working with a USAID Mission on rate and travel approval process.
- High level of proficiency with database systems and on-line project tracker systems.
- Ability to work well with ArcGIS, SPSS and Excel to support MEP reporting requirements to USAID.
- Ability to mentor staff and counterparts.
- Ability to work well with international, national consultants and staff.
- Ability to travel within Senegal and the sub-region, as necessary.
- Must be fluent in both French and English.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb