Organization: Croix-Rouge Française
Country: Solomon Islands
Closing date: 08 Feb 2017
Context of the position
The FRC delegation in Solomon Islands is composed of a head of delegation and one head of projects, supported by an administrative, financial, and logistics coordinator. The delegation is based in Honiara, Solomon Islands’ capital city, on the island of Guadalcanal.
Currently, one project is underway and has started in May, 2015:
- “Supporting community planning: reducing vulnerabilities of communities exposed to natural disasters by implementing DRR and WASH mitigation measures » also named “SCP 3”, funded by OFDA (office of U.S. foreign disaster assistance); May 2015 – April 2018: This project aims to strengthen vulnerable communities’ capacities to cope with natural disasters impacts by implementing DRR and WASH mitigation measures in Savo and Guadalcanal province.
Objectives of the position:
Complying to and applying the principles of RC/RC Movement (humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality), and under the authority of the head of delegation based in Honiara, the admin Log coordinator will:
- Strengthen and develop the administration and finance department supported by the FRC in the Solomon Islands Red Cross Society (SIRCS)
- Monitor the activities of the logistics department
He/she works under the direct responsibility of the head of delegation of Solomon Islands.
He/she is responsible hierarchically of:
- 1 administrative officer (SIRCS) mainly in charge of accountancy.
- 1 logistician officer (SIRCS) mainly in charge of procurement process / purchases.
He/she collaborates with the admin/log in Vanuatu promptly if necessary.
- Collaborates internally with FRC project managers, and the finance officer and manager of SIRCS.
- Collaborates with FRC headquarters: finance, logistics, HR, accounting and donors departments.
- Collaborates externally with administrative authorities of Solomon Islands, financial institutions (banks) and other organizations.
In close collaboration with the assistant accountant, he/she is responsible for:
- 1 Ensure the effective implementation of administrative procedures necessary for the proper functioning of the delegation in accordance with the FRC and donors’ guidelines
- 2 Contribute to the administrative management of national human resources and line-manage the staff under his/her responsibility in accordance with the policies adopted by the SIRCS
- 3 Ensure accounting and financial management of the delegation, in collaboration with the support services of FRC HQ in Paris
- 4 Ensure cash control/management, in collaboration with Paris HQ support services
- 5 Ensure the budget management related to grant contracts of the delegation in collaboration with the project managers and the head of delegation
- 6 Contribute to strengthen the capacity of partner national society in administrative and financial matters, in collaboration with Movement partners (ARC, IFRC …)
- 7 Manage the delegation’s logistics activities
He/she will be responsible for internal reporting (FRC and partners) and external reporting (donors, local authorities) in administration, finance and logistics matters
Profile of the candidate
English: read, spoken, and written (working language with the SIRCS).
French is an asset
- Administrator / finance Officer profile.
- More than 2 years of international experience, if possible within the Red Cross Movement.
- Experience in logistics.
- Knowledge of FRC procedures strongly desired.
- Experience in financial and administrative management of a delegation in an international organization.
- Knowledge and/or experience of program donors (ECHO, EuropeAid, USAID) strongly desired.
- Good knowledge of Office package (Word, Excel, PPT, Internet, etc.).
- Good knowledge of SAGA software.
- Experience in team management.
Financial training, administrative, and humanitarian logistics.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF EXERCISE:
Possible field trips (support missions, training staff).
- Location : Honiara, SOLOMON ISLANDS
- Duration: 12 months
- To be filled by: March 2017
- Deadline for application:08/02/2017
- Status: expatriate position
The French Red Cross reserves the right to fill the position before the closing date for applications. Thank you.
- Passport valid for more than 6 months at the moment of departure
- Up-to-date vaccination card / fitness for travel
To be better acquainted with the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement, we invite you to follow two training sessions online, free and accessible to all, that constitute a real advantage for your application:
WORC (The World of Red Cross and Red Crescent) is an e-learning course on the fundamental principles and operations of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. Its 12 modules address subjects such as the origin and history of the Movement, its fundamental principles, its emblem, the International Federation, the ICRC and national societies. It is intended for all: volunteers, employees, members or people wishing to get more information on the biggest humanitarian movement in the world.
Stay Safe is intended for every staff in a position to carry out international missions on behalf of the Federation or a National Society of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The course aims at developing a common culture of security management within the Movement in order to enable a better understanding of the main threats and risks for humanitarian actors in the field, and offers solutions to restrain their impact.
You will find these lessons on the IFRC Learning Platform open to all by clicking on the following link: https://ifrc.csod.com/client/ifrc/default.aspx
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb