Organization: International Resources Group
Closing date: 30 Jan 2017
International Resources Group/ Growth Enterprise, Employment and Livelihoods Project (GEEL), Somalia/Somaliland
Title: Investment and Finance Specialist – 2 positions
Location: Mogadishu or Hargeisa (with regional travel within Somalia)
Duration: 1 year (Renewable)
Growth, Enterprise, Employment & Livelihoods (GEEL) is 5-year development project designed to promote and facilitate inclusive economic growth in Somaliland, Puntland and other existing and emerging federal states. The project is focusing on the agricultural sector, fisheries and renewable energy. Particular focus will be given to increase the participation of women and youth in the economy as entrepreneurs, employers, and employees.
Investment & Finance Specialist General Responsibilities:
1) Work with GEEL Investment Advisor and Value Chain Leads in identification and prioritization of investment opportunities supporting broader GEEL objectives with a focus on key value chains/sectors;
2) Map, maintain, and manage a network of prospective investors from the Diaspora, Turkey, GCC, East Africa and elsewhere;
3) Support entrepreneurs looking to raise capital to develop concrete investment proposals to be presented to prospective investors (in Somalia, Kenya and further abroad);
4) Support other investment promotion activities as directed by the Investment Advisor;
5) Collaborate with the GEEL Value Chain Team to develop and implement outreach strategies to the private sector;
6) Participate in the creation of competitiveness platforms of relevant stakeholders.
7) Work with Somali banks and financial institutions to develop financial products and tools for various investment packages including loans, equity, debt etc.
8) Review and analyze business and economic viability of businesses that will receive GEEL’s investment and grant support
9) Oversee and manage relationships with other financial service providers and organizations operating in Somalia.
The Investment and Finance Specialist will report to the Investment Advisor
· Degree in business administration, economics, finance, or another relevant discipline from an accredited university (Master’s degree or other advanced degree preferred);
· 3+ years of direct investment experience with experience in the financial sector;
· Knowledge of business enabling environment in Somali regions and experience working with Somali businesses/private sector actors;
· Proven experience delivering financial and business advisory services to enterprises in Somali regions;
· A proven ability to identify high-value partnerships with private and public sector stakeholders and to leverage private investment towards addressing public needs;
· Ability to work within multi-national teams and well-honed representational skills including strong verbal and written communication capabilities;
· A proven ability to work collaboratively, lead negotiations, and reach a consensus among several private and public sector stakeholders;
· Ability to work independently and effectively within tight deadlines;
· Experience designing capacity building events and facilitating training sessions for a variety of audiences;
· Able to travel to rural field sites for work purposes;
· Fluency in written and spoken English required.
How to apply:
How to apply:
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements can submit updated CV and cover letter to Jobs@sogeel.org with subject line: Investment and Finance Specialist Hargeisa or Mogadishu
Deadline by 30th January 2017
Read more here:: ReliefWeb