Organization: SSG Advisors
Closing date: 31 Mar 2017
JOB LOCATION – Mogadishu or Hargeisa, Somalia
ABOUT US – SSG Advisors is an award-winning global development solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that works with a variety of government, philanthropic and commercial clients around the world. We harness the power of collaboration to enable communities, companies and governments to drive market-based solutions to global challenges, such as climate change, violent extremism and food security.
SSG seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE – 3+ years of direct investment experience with experience in deal origination, structuring & financing;
JOB TYPE – 1 Year Job (renewable)
CAREER CATEGORIES AND THEMES – Finance, Investment, Administration
JOB DESCRIPTION –
Growth, Enterprise, Employment & Livelihoods (GEEL) is 5-year development project designed to promote and facilitate inclusive economic growth in south central Somalia, Puntland and Somaliland. The project is focusing on the agricultural sector (dairy, fisheries, sesame and banana) and will expand into other sectors of the economy. Particular focus will be given to increase the participation of women and youth in the economy as entrepreneurs, employers, and employees.
Investment & Finance Specialist General Responsibilities:
- Work with GEEL Investment Advisor and Value Chain Leads in identification and prioritization of investment opportunities supporting broader GEEL objectives with a focus on key value chains/sectors;
- Map, maintain, and manage a network of prospective investors from the Diaspora, Turkey, GCC, East Africa and elsewhere;
- Support entrepreneurs looking to raise capital to develop concrete investment proposals to be presented to prospective investors (in Somalia, Kenya and further abroad);
- Organize diaspora investor information sessions in Nairobi, Dubai, and London, in coordination with Somali private and public sector representatives and other groups interested;
- Support other investment promotion activities as directed by the Investment Advisor;
- Collaborate with GEEL Value Chain Team to develop and implement outreach strategies to the private sector;
- Participate in the creation of competitiveness platforms of relevant stakeholders.
The Investment and Finance Specialist will report to the Investment Advisor
- Degree in business administration, economics, finance, or another relevant discipline from an accredited university (Master’s degree or other advanced degree preferred)
- 3+ years of direct investment experience with experience in deal origination, structuring & financing;
- Knowledge of business enabling environment in Somalia and experience working with Somali businesses/private sector actors;
- Proven experience delivering financial and business advisory services to enterprises in Somalia;
- A proven ability to identify high-value partnerships with private and public sector stakeholders and to leverage private investment towards addressing public needs;
- Ability to work within multi-national teams and well-honed representational skills including strong verbal and written communication capabilities;
- A proven ability to work collaboratively, lead negotiations, and reach a consensus among several private and public sector stakeholders;
- Ability to work independently and effectively within tight deadlines;
- Experience designing capacity building events and facilitating training sessions for a variety of audiences;
- Able to travel to rural field sites for work purposes;
- Somalia citizenship preferred; and
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com . Please use the exact email subject line: “Investment and Finance Specialist.” Please also save documents (cover letter and resume) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’ (e.g., Smith_Jane.pdf). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
SSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb