Organization: International Resources Group
Closing date: 29 Jan 2017
International Resources Group/ Growth Enterprise, Employment and Livelihoods Project (GEEL) Somaliland/Somalia
Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Location: Hargeisa, (with frequent travel to Puntland and southern Somalia)
Duration: 1 year (Renewable)
Growth, Enterprise, Employment & Livelihoods (GEEL) is 5-year USAID-funded project designed to promote and facilitate inclusive economic growth in Puntland, Somaliland and other existing and emerging federal states. The project is currently focusing on the agricultural sector, fisheries and renewable energy. It will also seek to strengthen the business enabling environment through improving access to finance, policy and regulation, and business development services. Particular focus will be given to increase the participation of women and youth in the economy as entrepreneurs, employers, and employees.
Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist General Responsibilities:
The M&E Specialist’s duties include (but are not limited to):
1) Assist the ME&L Specialist in ensuring that all project activities are undertaken in his region of assignment in accordance with the Activity Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (AMEP);
2) Implement field monitoring of project activities and submit regular field monitoring report to M&E Specialist (Mogadishu) for review and onward submission to ME&L Specialist.
3) Support regional data analysis for quarterly and annual reports by providing/verifying M&E data relating to AMEP indicators (including disaggregation);
4) Implement GEEL’s field-level M&E systems in Somalia and Puntland regions, including data collection (baseline, impact and household level), indicator tracking and reporting according to GEEL’s Activity Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (AMEP);
5) Support technical guidance and support to temporary field level enumerators and data collectors;
6) Work closely with the GEEL GIS Specialist/STTA to collect and safely secure GIS data in the region of operations;
7) Work closely with the GEEL technical specialists (agriculture, fisheries, renewable energy) in site visits and verification of implemented activities on the ground;
8) Provide information and data to the GEEL Communication Specialists to produce success stories, lessons learned and contribute to the GEEL Collaborative, Learning and Adaptive (CLA) agenda.
9) During field visits, support USAID’s third party monitoring contractor to validate field activities;
10) Contribute to weekly updates, quarterly reports and other reports and publications;
11) Ensure project beneficiaries data are safely stored at the regional level and released based on established standard protocols;
12) Any other similar tasks as requested by the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist.
The M&E Specialist will report to the GEEL Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (Mogadishu) under the leadership of the Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist.
1) At least a Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, statistics, international development, or a related field (or, alternately, equivalent academic accomplishment in a relevant field and 2-5 additional years of relevant experience);
1) At least 3-5 years’ technical experience in performing monitoring and evaluation activities;
2) Previous experience monitoring USAID project activities including Grants or Grants under Contract (GUC) activities;
3) Experience or familiarity with accepted best practices in remote monitoring and verification of project activities occurring in non-permissive environments;
4) Experience in conducting and writing field monitoring reports
5) Previous work experience in the horn of Africa preferred;
1) Demonstrated understanding of monitoring and evaluation concepts and applications
2) Experience or familiarity with data quality control measures
3) Excellent oral and written English language communication skills.
4) Oral and written Somali language communication skills (preferred)
5) Experience working in/on fragile or post-conflict states (preferred)
6) Experience working with local organizations and community groups.
How to apply:
How to apply:
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements can submit updated CV and cover letter to Jobs@sogeel.org with subject line: Application for Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist.
Deadline by 29th January 2017
Read more here:: ReliefWeb