Organization: International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease
Country: Switzerland, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United States of America
Closing date: 31 Jan 2017
Preparing for launch in 2017, the 3P Project aims to rapidly accelerate the delivery of affordable, effective new regimens for TB through an open collaborative approach to conducting drug development and novel approaches to financing and coordinating R&D. 3P will be run by a consortium of organisations forming a virtual secretariat, with each organisation dedicating resources and implementing specific aspects of the project. The Union will be the lead organisation within the consortium and will create a special project structure within their organisation. The Union will have responsibility for the day-to-day management and coordination of the 3P, including the fundraising for the project which is estimated to be in the region of $200Million/year.
Overview of the position:
Reporting to the 3P Project lead, the 3P fundraiser will work in collaboration with the fundraising teams of the organisations on the Steering Committee composed of 9 core members: the TB Alliance (TBA), Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), the Stop TB Partnership (STBP), The South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC), the International Union Against TB and Lung Disease (The Union), the Medicines Patent Pool (MPP), the Critical Path Institute (C-PATH) and an individual nominated by civil society groups (CS). The WHO’s Global TB Programme sits as a permanent observer to the Steering Committee. The 3P fundraiser will investigate and apply to likely funding streams ahead of the launch and beyond.
Role and Responsibilities
· Lead the development and implementation of the fundraising strategy for the 3P Project. Generate a detailed funding landscape of public and philanthropic funders in target countries as well as multilateral funds, including a calendar of submission deadlines and timelines of funding applications.
· Build and maintain strong working relationships with donors through regular communication and provide regular updates to the 3P Project manager and when appropriate the Steering committee of the 3P Project.
· Cultivate external communication networks among donors, partners, potential partners, and competitors, to assist the gathering of information and identification of trends and resources in order to inform the organizational resource mobilization strategy and help position the organization for new funding opportunities.
· Contribute to identifying and achieving resource mobilization benchmarks through gathering, tracking, synthesizing, and disseminating intelligence and other information regarding new funding and cultivating new funders.
· Manage the pre-proposal/capture phase for future or anticipated donor procurements in close collaboration with the 3P Project lead, including:
Lead positioning or capture processes to scope out/prepare for anticipated future donor procurements.
Oversee capture trips to gather relevant information/data for situation analyses and competitive external analyses.
· Manage the development, finalization and submission of assigned proposals, in coordination with the 3P Project lead.
· Manage the post-submission period in close collaboration with the 3P project lead, The Union’s NTBF, and the Finance team, including:
Oversee best and final offers.
Lead post-submission debriefings
· Develop and write other documents as needed for proposals and marketing of 3P Project activities to potential donors.
· Assist in the development of standard operating procedures for resource mobilization.
· Collaborate with the NTBF to ensure coordination and alignment between the NTBF and the 3P Project.
· Ensure compliance with all donor reporting requirements’ including coordinating with the NTBF and finance team as necessary to track use of funds; submit timely reports, and respond to all donors queries.
· Write promotional copy for organizational reports, where needed and other copy for internal and external audiences, as assigned.
· International travel, as required.
· Performs other duties/assignments, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years related experience. MBA preferred
- Proven track record of successfully identifying, securing and cultivating major donations in excess of $250,000 USD.
- Experience of developing and implementing long-term fundraising strategies, coordinating inputs from a range of stakeholders and adapting these strategies to take account of changes and/or stakeholder needs.
- Experience building and maintaining long-term relationships with fundraising constituents such as major donors, foundations and corporations.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication (oral & written) skills in English, with proven track record of storytelling and narrative building. Knowledge of additional languages is desirable.
- Excellent computer and IT skills, including the use of standard MS software packages (SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), as well as fundraising databases.
Location: Geneva preferred but options for remote working in Europe or Eastern United States for the right candidate.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a cover letter in English, including your salary expectations to email@example.com, stating in the subject line “TU-F3P”.
This position will be open until a candidate has been selected for the post. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that first round interviews will take place in English.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb