Organization: Assistance Coordination Unit
Closing date: 20 Jan 2017
- To develop and implement a special strategic of advocacy department in accordance with the whole policy of ACU.
- To support ACU in the international community and maximize the implications of its activities in the media and among stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- To ensure that all communications, internal or external, support the image which ACU wants to show.
- Contribute in developing a new strategic for the communications, public relations and visual identity and with plans to implement it.
- Assist the management in the development of objectives, from the perspective of advocacy and communications, and drawing strategic plans and implementing policies when needed.
- Develop policies and procedures for advocacy dept. in ACU and ensure implementing and updating them if necessary.
- Contribute in the preparation of the budget for advocacy department. To update, and monitor the plan of the department.
- Suggest internal and external marketing campaigns for ACU, planning and participating in the implementation.
- Supervise on setting special strategies of media and relation offices.
- Define ACU and its coordinating role through media and meetings.
- Coordinate with the external agencies on the ongoing promotional campaigns.
- Developing the website.
- Planning and organizing the events and conferences which will be held inside of ACU.
- Attend the conferences and external activities.
- Prepare periodically reports about the department activities.
- Ensure that all ACU’s releases are issued in a manner consistent with its advocacy strategy and with the visual identity.
- Edit, screen, and oversee all organization communications to ensure maximum clarity, efficacy, and conformity with communications strategy.
- Develop relationships with international, regional, and local stakeholders
- Oversee and ensure all material necessary to engage with media, donors, governments, and local Syrians to determine best outreach methods and advocacy channels.
- Perform any task as required concerning advocacy.
- Bachelor Degree in Social Science or a related field, Master degree is preferable.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in campaigning, advocacy, or community outreach.
- Excellent English & Arabic skills, Turkish is preferable.
- Excellent computer skills (esp. MS Office applications)
- High organization and prioritization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with strong knowledge of grammar, syntax, and persuasive writing
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and social skills
- Strong network of media, NGO, government, and/or donor contacts
- Experience in advocacy, public relations, communications, community organizing, or public outreach work
- Ability to multi-task and meet high-pressure demands and tight deadlines
- Ability to set high standards of performance; pursue aggressive goals and work hard to achieve them without close supervision
- Ability to manage a diverse team, coach, and lead by example
- Ability to work effectively and positively with individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Basic understanding of web, social media, and online communication tools
If you applying to this job by Email, please include the job code in the subject (Adv001)
How to apply:
To apply for this job
Or Email your details to email@example.com
Read more here:: ReliefWeb