Organization: Save the Children
Closing date: 20 Jan 2017
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised $2 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, ensuring that they are able to survive, learn and be protected whatever their circumstances, including in times of humanitarian crisis.
2016 is a time of change and growth at Save the Children. As part of our new strategic plan ‘Every Last Child’, we have made it a global priority to build humanitarian, advocacy and campaigning capability, to become truly global – driving stronger and more diversified funding, and to maximise the use of our knowledge, systems, capacity and culture. We are doing whatever it takes to reach the world’s most excluded children. With your help we can ensure the world puts children first, and that we can tackle the barriers that prevent them from surviving and thriving. We won’t stop until every last child survives and fulfils their potential.
Position reporting to: MEAL Coordinator, with connection to MEAL Manager.
Positions reporting to the POST: None
Contract type: Employment
Contract length: Fixed term
Closing date: 20-Jan-17
To create and update the information management needed databases for health and nutrition sector portfolios, in addition to data cleaning and analysis to feed the reporting requirements and to participate the best quality of programming.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
The M&E Officer Health and Nutrition will be responsible for the following:
Data collection capacity:
· Maintain and upgrade the current health information systems (HIS) for the health program to ensure data gathered are timely and accurate.
· Develop health data collection tools with technical support from the health technical team.
· Ensure the used HIS is up to date to capture all information required by donors, partners and SCI health team.
· Work with the MEAL unit to implement digital data systems that can capture data electronically as close to the source as possible.
· Help the sector officers and partners to build their capacity in efficient data collection and management processes, including support with software applications.
· Provide the sector partners with the updated IPTTs / MEAL Plan and receive monthly reports against them.
· Support in developing and amending the needed tools for M&E (Observations, Exit Interviews, Baseline/Endline Studies, FGDs…etc.)
Information management systems:
· Responsible for production of accurate, timely health statistics based on the received data from implementing partners.
· Ensure the smooth running of the HIS system following the HIS SOP’s to deliver the data output and reporting as needed for the HIS outputs
· Work with the MEAL regional unit and project teams to utilise the platform for the RIMS regional information management system.
· Feedback on the conduction of RIMS to the concerned parties (Regional IT Unit, Regional MEAL Unit) to review the technical issues accordingly.
· Work with the MEAL unit and sector teams to ensure that RIMS is functioning well.
· Play a key role in supporting training and roll out of RIMs.
Data analysis & use:
· Together with the Medical Team, analyses weekly data that needs to be used in influencing implementation decisions.
· Ensure all SCI and Partners’ staff are familiar with their responsibilities with respect to recording information for the HIS
· Carry out data quality checks on both summary and patient specific data in line with the relevant standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and patient flows.
· Be the primary focal point with partners for data management, developing and maintaining health/nutrition databases.
· Become the primary analyst for weekly data, monitoring trends and highlighting concerns.
· Support coordination, analysis and draft findings for health/nutrition technical surveys as well as multi sector assessments, generic surveys and evaluations as needed.
· Ensure that the information collected is entered onto the HIS database and that updates are communicated as requested.
· Generate weekly, monthly and quarterly health information reports as per the health projects work plans and as is requested by health manager and advisor.
· Coordinate with PM and MEAL CO to review weekly/monthly data submissions from each partner team, including MEAL plans per partner as well as project achievement tools.
· In collaboration with Health technical Advisor, Provide monthly analysis and reporting against the needed regular requirements with appropriate set of recommendations to the program management as a part of the Learning process.
· Develop analysis and top line reports for health/nutrition to be communicated with internal and external stakeholders.
· Support the sector team(s) in donor reporting with accurate figures.
· Maintain the confidentially of the documents/system and their contents
· Maintain filing system for health/nutrition data in soft and hard copies. Perform other duties and act for the relevant manager as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
· Excellent experience in data collection and analysis, data management and reporting
· Extensive experience in knowledge and database management
· Fluent English and Arabic, both spoken and written
· Experience of training and capacity building
· Some experience of representation and ability to represent SC effectively in external forums.
· Excellent communication and influencing skills
· Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
· The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
· Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
· Ability and willingness to travel in to Syria for occasional monitoring visits.
· Education to BSc/BA/BEng level in Social Sciences, Public Health, Statistics or related field Previous experience working in humanitarian programmes.
Benefits Package provided to National Staff:
· Salary commensurate with the pay-grade of the position.
· Annual leave
· Medical Scheme, Accidental and Life insurance.
· A motivating work environment
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
How to apply:
Please apply in English by sending your up to date CV with a cover letter as a single document explaining your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the position that you are applying for to the subject section. The advertisement will be closed on 20th January 2017 at 5:30 PM (Turkey local time). In order for an application to be considered valid, a copy of the residency/work permit card must be attached with the application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb